- Applications close
- 2 July 2021
What you'll receive
A $5,000 scholarship to support your Honours project outcomes
- You must currently enrolled in Bachelor of Design (Interactive and Visual Design) - DE42
- You must be completing fourth year Honours and eligible to graduate at the end of 2021
How to apply
- Complete the application form
- Submit a two-page overview of your Honours project describing the research topic, problem, methodology and outcomes, highlighting the project's significance and contribution to the field of Interactive and Visual Design.
- Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
In describing your project, we want to hear about your passion and ambitions for your work beyond Honours. The scholarship will be awarded in the spirit of Helena, Gerard and Adam, and will be assessed in respect to its creativity and originality, contribution to the field of Interactive and Visual Design, and the potential to enrich the lives of others.
What happens next?
A selection panel will review the applications and be in contact in due course.
- The scholarship payment will be made after Census date.
- A report is required to be submitted by the recipient for the donors 12 months after the scholarship to provide any update on the benefits which have been derived from the scholarship.
About the scholarship
In 2004 three QUT Interactive and Visual Design students died in a tragic car accident, while returning from a field trip to Carnarvon George where they had been volunteering on a digital heritage project. Gerard Cutcheon, Adam Neykoff-Davies and Helena Wood were exceptional students, each with a passion and enthusiasm for their studies, and who were excited to be at QUT. Study was not a burden to overcome, but something to be experienced to its fullest. This spirit touched staff and students alike, and their sudden loss was felt deeply.
From this tragic event came a gift of generosity. With donations from family and friends, an endowment fund was established. The fund is an enduring legacy to their memory, a reminder of a tragic loss but also a passion for learning.
The fund supports a scholarship of $5,000 for an IVD Honours student. In the spirit of Adam, Gerard and Helena, it recognises creativity, originality and excellence in the development of Honours level research in Interactive and Visual Design.