- Applications open
- 15 April 2019
- Applications close
- 30 June 2019
What you'll receive
- a scholarship to the value of $5,000, paid in two equal instalments of $2,500 per semester.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be enrolled full-time for the duration of your honours program
- hold a minimum GPA of 5.5
- identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and provide a Confirmation of Aboriginality as per AIATSIS requirements.
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship:
- complete the scholarship application form (PDF file, 85.1 KB)
- submit the completed form and any required supporting documents to the Indigenous Postgraduate Programs Officer, Ashley Fox.
To keep this scholarship you must:
- continuing to be enrolled full-time for the duration of the honours program
- maintain a minimum GPA of 5.5 throughout the period of the scholarship.
About the scholarship
As of semester 2 2018, QUT has 61 Indigenous students enrolled in an honours program and of that group, 57% are classified as high achievers with a GPA of 5.5 or above. The IREU and Oodgeroo have identified that by encouraging and nurturing this student honours cohort, there is a greater likely they will translate into postgraduate research study enrolments.