- Applications open
- 17 September 2021
- Applications close
- 17 October 2021
What you'll receive
You will receive:
- $3,000 to fund flights, transfers, accommodation and some living expenses while undertaking a two-week internship at Honner in Sydney.
- Academic credit for an experiential learning unit, completing relevant learning and assessment activities in conjunction with the internship experience.
At the conclusion of the internship experience you could also potentially be offered a graduate position at Honner in Sydney.
- be currently enrolled in undergraduate or postgraduate studies with QUT Business School with no more than 1 year remaining on your study plan
- have room in your study plan to undertake an experiential learning unit elective (eg. BSB009 or BSN413)
- have knowledge and skills in public relations and/or finance
- have a strong academic record
- have an interest in financial communication as a career
- be willing to complete online preparation and mentoring with the Honner team
- be available to undertake a two-week internship at Honner, based in Sydney in 2022 at a mutually agreed time (currently planned for February) and giving consideration to travel restrictions
- have the ability and willingness to relocate to Sydney at the completion of studies if a full-time graduate role with Honner is available and offered, including holding a current right to work in Australia or potential eligibility to attain the right to work.
You can seek advice regarding your study plan and elective unit options from Ingrid Larkin, Associate Director - Work Integrated Learning, QUT Business School: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
You must submit a written application using the link below. If short-listed you will be invited to a formal interview.
Your application must include:
- a copy of your curriculum vitae
- academic transcripts (there is no need to supply your QUT transcript, this will be supplied to the panel on your behalf)
You also need to include a statement that addresses the following questions:
- Why are you interested in the Honner x QUT Business School scholarship?
- Why are you a strong candidate for the scholarship? Your response should address the suitability/eligibility criteria above.
You should include links to any digital content to support your application. Digital content could be:
- a LinkedIn profile
- a short video to support your application
- an online portfolio (examples of assessment tasks completed during studies)
- a website, podcast or other content.
Applications close at 11.59pm on Sunday 17 October 2021. No late applications will be accepted.
What happens next?
If you are eligible for consideration, your application will be forwarded to Honner for shortlisting.
Honner will have final decision on successful candidate. Application details of all candidates will be held on file by Honner for consideration for future recruitment opportunities.
About the scholarship
Honner is Australia’s largest communications agency specialising in corporate and financial services. Honner’s award-winning team provides public relations, communication and marketing support to a range of local and global organisations including banks, fund managers and fintechs.
Honner employs young people with financial smarts who also like writing and digital communications – and dealing with people! Honner provides structured mentoring and training and is also a member of a number of prestigious global agency networks giving the company access to markets and professional communities around the world.
As an employer of numerous QUT Business School graduates from the Bachelor of Business (Public Relations) degree, Honner are now seeking more formal arrangements to continue to engage and strengthen the existing relationship, specifically with a goal of positioning Honner as an employer of choice for QUT graduates, and engaging QUT students through an innovative internship program.