- Applications close
- 26 January 2018
What you'll receive
- $5,000 paid as a one-off scholarship.
You must be either:
- a member of Australian Defence Forces
- a lineal descendant of an Australian Defence Force member who saw active service in WWII.
You must also:
- be a university graduate
- meet conditions and criteria for entry in a higher degree research program.
Applicants who experience financial hardship will be given special consideration.
How to apply
Applications for 2019 have now closed. Applications are normally open between October and January.
- Complete the Gowrie Scholarship Application form via the Australian National University website. The form will be available when the scholarship is open and accepting applications.
- Include a financial assessment of your:
- liabilities (tuition fees, accommodation costs, living expenses).
- a certified copy of your academic record.
- evidence of your Australian citizenship.
- Send an original of your application form to the Research Students Centre
- Send a duplicate application to:
The Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
3/32 Beaconsfield Road
Mosman, NSW, 2088
What happens next?
The Trustees will award the scholarships in March. If you're successful in your application, you'll be notified shortly afterwards.
The scholarships will commence at the start of the academic year.
About the scholarship
The Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund provides support for Australian Defence Force members and lineal descendents of World War II veterans to conduct research either within Australia or overseas.