- Applications close
- 26 January 2018
What you'll receive
- $5,000 paid as a one-off scholarship.
You must be either:
- a member of Australian Defence Forces
- a lineal descendant of an Australian Defence Force member who saw active service in WWII.
You must also:
- be a university graduate
- meet conditions and criteria for entry in a higher degree research program.
Applicants who experience financial hardship will be given special consideration.
How to apply
- Complete the Gowrie Scholarship application form (DOCX file, 21.18 KB)
- Include a financial assessment of your:
- liabilities (tuition fees, accommodation costs, living expenses).
- a certified copy of your academic record.
- evidence of your Australian citizenship.
- Send an original of your application form to the Research Students Centre
- Send a duplicate application to:
The Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund
3/32 Beaconsfield Road
Mosman, NSW, 2088
What happens next?
The Trustees will award the scholarships in March. If you're successful in your application, you'll be notified shortly afterwards.
The scholarships will commence at the start of the academic year.
About the scholarship
The Gowrie Scholarship Trust Fund provides support for Australian Defence Force members and lineal descendents of World War II veterans to conduct research either within Australia or overseas.
Science and Engineering Faculty: + 61 7 3138 2932
All other faculties: +61 7 3138 4923
- +61 7 3138 1304
- Level 4, 88 Musk Avenue
- Kelvin Grove
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Postal address
- Research Students Centre
- GPO Box 2434
- Brisbane QLD 4001