Of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent or Academic performance
Australian or New Zealand
- Applications open
- 18 September 2017
- Applications close
- 19 January 2018
What you'll receive
- a one-year scholarship of $4,000, paid as $2,000 per semester, in March and August.
We are offering 4 scholarships in 2018.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Indigenous Australian or Torres Strait Islander and provide Confirmation of Aboriginality to the Oodgeroo Unit at QUT
- be graduating from Year 12 in 2017
- have completed high school in Australia and be an Australian citizen
- show evidence of academic ability in high school or TAFE results
- be starting university for the first time in Semester 1, 2018
- demonstrate a commitment to a career in business.
- show leadership qualities
You must also have applied for through QTAC a part-time or full-time place in the Bachelor of Business, including if you're seeking admission through the Centralised Assessment Selection Program (CASP).
How to apply
To apply for the Getting Started Scholarship, you need to complete an application form.
Send your completed application to the Business School Scholarships Coordinator by the due date. We won't accept late applications.
What happens next?
You will receive an email confirming that your application has been received. A selection panel will then assess your application. Scholarships will be awarded based on your:
- academic achievements
- written application.
Applicants in the first round will be notified of the outcome by 22 December 2017.
Applicants in the CASP round will be notified by end of January 2018.
Read the terms and conditions (PDF file, 409.28 KB) for this scholarship.