- Applications open
- 1 October 2020
- Applications close
- 13 November 2020
What you'll receive
- a one-year scholarship of $4,000, paid as $2,000 per semester, in March and August.
We are offering four scholarships in 2021.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Indigenous Australian or Torres Strait Islander and provide Confirmation of Aboriginality to the Oodgeroo Unit at QUT
- be graduating from Year 12 in 2020
- have completed high school in Australia and be an Australian citizen
- show evidence of academic ability in high school or TAFE results
- be starting university for the first time in Semester 1, 2021
- demonstrate a commitment to a career in business
- show leadership qualities.
You must also have applied for through QTAC for a part-time or full-time place in a Bachelor of Business single or double degree, including if you're seeking admission through the Centralised Assessment Selection Program (CASP).
How to apply
This scholarship has two application rounds.
Round 1: For applicants seeking admission through QTAC only.
- Open and close dates are shown above.
- Applicants will be notified by 20 November 2020 if they have been successful. An interview is not generally required.
Round 2: For applicants seeking admission through QTAC and QUT's Central Assessment Selection Program.
- Opens on 16 November, 2020
- Closes 11.59pm on 31 January 2021.
To apply for the Getting Started Scholarship, you need to complete an application form.
Send your completed application to the Business School Scholarships Coordinator by the due date. We won't accept late applications.
Read the terms and conditions for this scholarship.