- Applications open
- 1 October 2018
- Applications close
- 9 November 2018
What you'll receive
- a one-year scholarship of $4,000, paid as $2,000 per semester, in March and August.
We are offering four scholarships in 2019.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Indigenous Australian or Torres Strait Islander and provide Confirmation of Aboriginality to the Oodgeroo Unit at QUT
- be graduating from Year 12 in 2018
- have completed high school in Australia and be an Australian citizen
- show evidence of academic ability in high school or TAFE results
- be starting university for the first time in Semester 1, 2019
- demonstrate a commitment to a career in business
- show leadership qualities.
You must also have applied for through QTAC for a part-time or full-time place in a Bachelor of Business single or double degree, including if you're seeking admission through the Centralised Assessment Selection Program (CASP).
How to apply
This scholarship has two application rounds
Round 1: closes at 11:59pm on 9 November 2018 for applicants seeking admission through QTAC (Queensland Tertiary Application Centre).
Round 2: closes at 11:59pm on 31 January 2019 for applicants seeking admission through CASP (Central Assessment Selection Program).
To apply for the Getting Started Scholarship, you need to complete an application form.
Send your completed application to the Business School Scholarships Coordinator by the due date. We won't accept late applications.
What happens next?
You will receive an email confirming that your application has been received. A selection panel will then assess your application. Scholarships will be awarded based on your:
- academic achievements
- written application.
Applicants in the first round will be notified of the outcome by 21 December 2018.
Applicants in the CASP round will be notified by 8 February 2019.
Read the terms and conditions (PDF file, 188.9 KB) for this scholarship.