- Applications open
- 16 April 2021
- Applications close
- 15 May 2021
What you'll receive
A living allowance scholarship, tax exempt and indexed annually ($28,092 in 2020) per annum for a period of 3 years will be provided to the successful applicant.
Student Allocation allowance of $1500pa for 3 years (total of $4500) for project costs such as conference travel, professional thesis editing, consumables, etc.
- recently have completed a Bachelors or Masters degree in the area of health
- have received first-class honours (H1)
- have a research track record through publications or conference abstracts
- be an Australian citizen
Ideally you will also have (not necessary but preferred):
- experience working with populations who have either a physical, mental or cognitive disability
- skills in project evaluation and effectiveness
- accreditation with an allied health body e.g. AHPRA, ESSA or DAA.
How to apply
Submit your expression of interest to Dr Justin Holland by the 21 February 2020.
Your expression of interest must include:
- A cover letter (no more than 2 pages) detailing your suitability for scholarship
- An up-do-date CV
- Full academic transcript
- Details of 3 referees (email/address/contact number)
What happens next?
Expression of interest must be submitted by 21 February 2020.
For more information about the scholarship or application process please contact Dr Justin Holland.
About the scholarship
Title: Wellness Program for Students with Disabilities and Mental Health Challenges
Project Description: Rates of disability, mental illness, and health conditions are increasing around the world due to population ageing among other causes. The World Health Organization found that those with a disability, mental illness, or health condition are significantly more vulnerable to developing secondary conditions or illnesses due to sizeable deficiencies in healthcare services for these populations.
Queensland University of Technology is proactively ensuring that there is support for these students in the form of health and wellness. The project will have a focus on exercise and nutrition as a means of reducing the associated health burden and promote social inclusiveness. Additionally, it will encompass areas of employment, mentoring, positive psychology, social work and counselling. As part of your research project it will be to coordinate and evaluate the effectiveness of the health and wellness program.