What you'll receive
- recognition in the form of a certificate
- book voucher to the value of $100
- access to the Library's Researchers' Centre
- invitation to Faculty of Education Research seminars and events.
Participating in the Executive Dean's Scholars Program will expand your understanding of the various disciplines, develop and expand your academic networks, and give you firsthand experience in a research environment.
- be currently enrolled full-time in:
- ED59 Bachelor of Education (Secondary)
- ED49 Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- ED39 Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
- have completed three years equivalent study (288 credit points)
- have a grade point average (GPA) of 6.5 or higher across your whole course
- have passed every semester of study from commencement.
About the scholarship
The Executive Dean's Scholars Program recognises the Faculty of Education's high achieving students who have satisfied course requirements to the end of the third year of full-time study in education across undergraduate programs.
The program provides an opportunity for high performing students to engage in research activities, and aims to enrich students' educational experience through participation in research seminars and workshops. The program also opens up new opportunities for career choices by raising an awareness of a future vocation as a research scholar.
The program contributes to the university's institutional strategic plan, QUT Blueprint, in:
- capacity, by increasing the number of research students and annual completions
- culture, by building a culture that engages students and promotes an environment of active and collaborative learning, and by enhancing broader student engagement with research culture
- quality, by providing one of the best research training environments.