- Applications close
- 8 September 2021
What you'll receive
You will receive:
- an Enoch scholarship living allowance of $28,597 per annum (2021 full-time rate, indexed annually)
- a Creative Industries, Education and Social Justice Faculty Top-Up Scholarship of $11,403 per annum (full-time, fixed rate)
- in total, a stipend of $40,000 per annum, if you are studying a research masters for 1.5 years. This amount is tax-free if you are studying full-time and can be used to support living costs.
A six-month extension to the Enoch scholarship is also possible, subject to approval by QUT.
The Creative Industries, Education and Social Justice Faculty will also contribute a total of $3,000 (over a 2 year period) to support other related research costs.
To apply for this scholarship, you must meet the entry requirements for a Master of Philosophy at QUT.
You must also:
- have recently completed an undergraduate degree from a recognised institution in a cognate discipline within the creative industries, education or law/justice or related humanities and social science areas such as cultural studies, history or linguistics.
- have a GPA of 5.0 or above
- be able to take up the scholarship and begin full-time study preferably in February 2022, but before the end of July 2022
- develop a research proposal that responds to and aligns with the one or more research priorities or centres in the Creative Industries, Education and Social Justice Faculty
- demonstrate excellent capacity and potential for research
- be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent and provide a confirmation of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent form stamped with a common seal belonging to a registered organisation. Learn more about confirming your Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent.
How to apply
To be considered for this scholarship, you will need to apply for and be accepted into a PhD at QUT.
Submit your expression of interest (EOI) by 8 September 2021.
Indicate your interest in this scholarship by naming Professor Sandra Gattenhof as principal supervisor, and include the name of the scholarship in the financial details section.
Your expression of interest must include:
- a cover letter including a personal statement concerning how your research will directly address/support an issue within your community including how you intend to disseminate the results of the research within your community
- your curriculum vitae (CV) or statement of personal attainment
- your full academic transcript for undergraduate studies.
If your EOI is accepted you will be invited to submit a full application including a research proposal to finalise your application.
What happens next?
If your expression of interest is accepted, you'll be invited to submit a full application, including research proposal, to finalise your application.
For more information about the scholarship or application process, contact Professor Sandra Gattenhof.
The conditions for retaining the scholarship are set out in the rules of the QUT Postgraduate Research Award (Domestic).
The faculty top-up scholarship does not include an extension.
About the scholarship
The Enoch scholarship is named in honour of the achievements of Dr Wesley Enoch AM and those of the Enoch family in arts and cultural leadership. The scholarship is a special category for high quality Master of Philosophy (MPhil) applicants of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
As part of our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander research strategy implementation plan, QUT is committed to:
- invest in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander human capital for the future of the nation by increasing the number of higher degree research students
- produce highly skilled Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander research graduates, who have the knowledge and skill sets required to conduct complex research, analysis for evidence-based policy development
- build a stronger focus on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander researchers within the university through dedicating ongoing resources to targeted research capacity building and productivity.
As the scholarship recipient, you will have the opportunity to work with leading researchers in the creative industries, education and justice to undertake your own innovative, and to gain an internationally recognised postgraduate qualification.