What you'll receive
- one payment of $12,500, paid in two equal instalments of $6,250 after the census dates in Semester 1 and 2 of 2017.
- be in your second year of full-time study in one of these courses in 2017:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Electrical)
- a double degree that includes a Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), majoring in electrical engineering.
How to apply
We recommend you apply by email, attaching the application form in PDF format.
You need to:
- complete the application form:
- complete your answers to the relevant questions (these should be typed)
- sign the declaration
- attach copies of relevant supporting documentation. Convert large attachments into one PDF file if possible.
You can supply academic transcripts obtained from HiQ. You don't need an official academic record of QUT studies.
Apply by email
Email your application to the Science and Engineering Scholarships Officer.
Make the subject 'Energex Scholarship'.
What happens next?
We'll rank applicants based on:
- academic merit
- ability to work in a team environment
- demonstrated leadership skills
- personal commitment to a career within the power industry.
Representatives from Energex will shortlist applicants for an interview.
Energex will choose the successful candidate.
If your application is successful, we'll notify you via telephone and post.
If your application is not successful, we'll notify you by post.
To keep your scholarship, you must:
- remain studying Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) full-time
- maintain a grade point average (GPA) of 4.5 or above throughout the scholarship year.