What you'll receive
A Bursary of $1,500 for one year.
You must be one of:
- an Australian citizen (including dual citizens)
- a permanent resident of Australia
- a permanent humanitarian visa holder
- a New Zealand citizen.
You must also be:
- from a low income background
- experiencing financial hardship
- enrolled in or applying for an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree in Business (or a double degree which includes Business) with a major in Economics, Finance or Applied Finance.
You can't apply if you're a:
- single-unit study student - studying an individual unit at QUT, but not enrolled in a QUT course
- cross-institutional student - enrolled in a course at another university, but studying specific units at QUT and receiving advanced standing towards your course at the other university
- QUT International College (QUTIC) student - study one of the pathway programs offered by our international college, including foundation courses, university diplomas and English language courses.
How to apply
Applications for semester 1, 2019 will open in mid-October 2018.
When applications open you will need to apply through our Equity Scholarships Scheme. You only need to submit one application form to be considered for all scholarships under the scheme. Make sure you follow the instructions to supply all relevant supporting documents by the closing date.
What happens next?
We'll assess our application and score it against our selection criteria including your:
- individual financial situation
- personal circumstances.
We allocate scholarships based on need. Students with the greatest need will receive the highest value scholarships. There are a limited number of scholarships available.
You must maintain enrolment of at least 36 credit points for the duration of the bursary. Before we pay your scholarship we will check your enrolment status to ensure you are still enrolled and eligible.
About the scholarship
The Elefteria and John Polichronis Bursary is funded through donations from the staff of the School of Economics and Finance and is awarded once each calendar year.