What you'll receive
- complete a QUT Bachelor of Business degree
- receive a scholarship of $12,000 over 3 years
- receive an automatic offer into honours*
- receive a further scholarship of $8,000 over the honours year*.
Other benefits may include:
- automatic membership of the QUT College of Excellence
- invitation to the College of Excellence start of year camp
- exclusive opportunities to attend QUT Business School’s Business Leaders' Forums
- the opportunity to represent QUT through the Student Ambassador Program.
*Automatic entry to honours is subject to maintaining the required GPA 5.5. The honours scholarship applies to Dean’s Scholar graduates who transition immediately into honours.
- have completed Australian Year 12 studies or equivalent
- have completed Year 12 in the year you apply for the program, or taken no more than one gap year
- be starting university for the first time in 2022 (START QUT and similar programs are allowed)
- accept a QTAC offer for a place in the Bachelor of Business (Dean's Scholars) program.
International students completing their QCE overseas must have English as one of their top 5 OP subjects.
How to apply
Apply for Bachelor of Business (Dean's Scholars) through QTAC. Make sure you use the correct QTAC code for the Dean's Scholars version of the course.
You don't need to apply separately for the scholarship. Receiving a QTAC offer into this program will automatically entitle you to a scholarship offer. Your QUT scholarship offer will be emailed to your QTAC registered email address in early January or as your QTAC preferences change to list BS06 as your first preferred course.
What happens next?
QTAC will notify you of the outcome of your course application.
The QUT Business School Scholarships Coordinator will monitor Bachelor of Business (Dean's Scholars) admissions through January and February. Every admission into the program automatically attracts a scholarship. The Scholarship Coordinator will provide confirmation to you by email of your scholarship entitlement, relevant program information and the scholarship contract for signing.
To keep your scholarship, you must:
- remain enrolled full-time
- maintain a grade point average (GPA) of 5.5 or higher in each semester.
- take a leave of absence for up to 2 years (in accordance with QUT student rules), but only after you have completed one full-time semester of study. You won't receive scholarship payments during this time
- accept a QUT Excellence Scholarship offer instead while remaining enrolled in BS06. Simply decline the Dean’s Scholars Program scholarship offer and indicate in the relevant section of the contract you will receive, your reason for doing so. (Please note, Excellence Scholarships are managed centrally, not through the Business School. How scholars are managed influences your event invitations and cohort membership)
- graduate with a QUT Bachelor of Business without continuing to honours, if you so choose. They are two separate enrolments and graduate parchments.
- hold any other merit scholarship; Equity Scholarships are permitted. If you have any questions about holding other scholarships, contact the QUT Business School Scholarships Coordinator
- take leave between graduating from the Bachelor of Business and commencing your honours year without forfeiting the Dean's Scholars entitlement for honours ($8,000).
About the scholarship
Our prestigious Dean's Scholars Program (previously known as Dean's Honours) brings together like-minded, high-achieving students to more fully develop their academic and business aspirations while enrolled at QUT Business School. As a member of the Dean's Scholars cohort you will be supported through formal and informal means to excel in your studies. You will be given exclusive access to opportunities that broaden your horizons and cultivate enthusiasm for a fully rounded experience of university life. Opportunities will include:
- integrating with other year cohorts and Business School scholars at faculty networking and social events
- having ready access to the Director of Studies for program advice
- forming social connections as well as study groups and assignment teams that help ensure ongoing academic achievement
- having a competitive edge when applying for case competition and student leadership roles.
The program is also designed as a pathway from the Bachelor of Business to higher degree research. Honours students gain higher order thinking and analytical skills that employer's value; becoming a subject matter expert as a result of taking a deeper dive into a topic of special interest.
'As a Dean’s Honours scholar I had guaranteed entry into the honours program. The funds I received also allowed me to complete a semester exchange abroad at the University of Leeds in England and a study tour to Hong Kong.'