What you'll receive
- complete a bachelor degree and an honours degree
- receive a scholarship of $20,000 over four years, to be paid in instalments each semester.
Other benefits may include:
- automatic membership of the QUT College of Excellence
- invitation to the College of Excellence start of year camp
- exclusive opportunities to attend QUT Business School’s Business Leaders’ Forums
- the opportunity to represent QUT through the Student Ambassador Program
- priority access to QUT Business School’s Business Advantage Program
- have completed Australian Year 12 studies or equivalent
- have completed Year 12 in the year you apply for the program, or the previous year
- be starting university for the first time in 2020 (excluding START QUT and similar programs)
- have achieved an unadjusted OP 1 or 2 (or equivalent unadjusted ATAR)
- receive and accept a QTAC offer for a place in the Bachelor of Business (Dean's Honours).
International students completing their QCE overseas must have English as one of their top 5 OP subjects.
How to apply
Apply for the Bachelor of Business (Dean's Honours) through QTAC.
Make sure you use the correct QTAC code for the Dean's Honours version of your course. Check your course details for the QTAC code.
You don't need to apply separately for the scholarship.
What happens next?
QTAC will notify you of the outcome of your course application.
The QUT Business School Scholarships Coordinator will monitor Bachelor of Business (Dean's Honours) admissions through January and February and provide confirmation of scholarship entitlement, relevant program information and the scholarship contract for signing.
To keep your scholarship, you must:
- remain enrolled full-time
- maintain a grade point average (GPA) of 5.5 or higher in each semester.
- take a leave of absence for up to 12 months (in accordance with our student rules), but only after you have completed one full-time semester of study. You won't receive scholarship payments during this time.
- decline the Dean’s Honours Program scholarship offer if you have accepted a Vice Chancellor’s (academic) Scholarship offer and still remain enrolled in BS06.
- hold any other scholarship, except an Equity Scholarship. If you have any questions about holding other scholarships, contact our QUT Business School Scholarships Coordinator.
Full scholarship terms and conditions (PDF file, 188.4 KB).
About the scholarship
Our prestigious Dean's Honours program is a study program for high-achieving students, and a pathway to higher degree research. The scholarship also provides financial support to successful applicants.
'As a Dean’s Honours scholar I had guaranteed entry into the honours program. The funds I received also allowed me to complete a semester exchange abroad at the University of Leeds in England and a study tour to Hong Kong.'