- Applications open
- 1 October 2018
- Applications close
- 6 March 2019
What you'll receive
- a one-off $500 bursary payment towards your study and travel fees.
- be applying for or enrolled in one of:
- Graduate Certificate of Business (Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies) (BS39)
- Master of Business (Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies) (BS11 or BS16)
- Master of Business (Advanced) (Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies) (BS17)
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or a New Zealand citizen.
How to apply
- complete the David Lee Bursary application form (DOCX file, 681.7 KB)
- email your application to the Australian Centre for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies (ACPNS) by the closing date.
What happens next?
Our panel will assess the applications. We will email you to let you know the outcome of your application, whether it is successful or not.
- complete a minimum of one unit of study in the year of the award
- be committed to completing your program of study.
About the scholarship
This annual bursary is available thanks to the kindness and generosity of ACPNS alumnus, Rosemary Lee in honour of her late father, David Lee.
David is recognised in Australian soccer as a coach ahead of his time, and despite leaving school early became the Director of Soccer for New South Wales and Australia's highest qualified Australian born coach for many years. He was also the first Australian-born coach to gain the Football Association Coaching license, which was the highest qualification in the English-speaking world. David went on to become a national team selector (the Socceroos) and was the coach that found and developed many household soccer names as junior players until they moved to the national team or English Premier League including Harry Kewell and Brett Emerton.
Rosemary hopes that this memorial donation inspires future ACPNS students to also achieve greatness in their chosen careers.