- Applications open
- 1 November 2019
- Applications close
- 6 December 2020
What you'll receive
You will receive:
- 50% reduction in tuition fees for your first two semesters (one year) of study at QUT.
- an ongoing scholarship to cover 50% of your tuition fees per semester, provided that you achieve a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 5.5 on the QUT 7-point scale throughout your course at QUT.
This scholarship is a combination of the 25% fee scholarship that you will receive for the Creative Industries International Scholarship and an additional 25% top up.
- be a Vietnamese citizen
- have been offered the Creative Industries International Scholarship for Semester 1, 2021 in one of these courses:
- submit a 2-minute video in English on the topic: ‘How can creativity improve our society?’
- meet the minimum English language entry requirements for direct entry to your course
- meet the minimum academic standards. See our guide below (we’ll determine your eligibility when you apply).
|GCE A levels||13 A level points based on the aggregate of your best 3 academic subjects|
|International IB||Aggregate of 35|
|Vietnam Year 12: Upper Secondary Graduation Diploma (Bang Tot nghiep Trung hoc Pho thong)||Overall grade point average (GPA) of 8.6 on a 10-point scale from all year 12 subjects and an overall passing grade in Bang Tot Nghiep Trung Hoc Pho Thong|
|Recognised bachelor-level studies (minimum one year)|
You're not eligible for this scholarship if you:
- receive another QUT academic scholarship.
How to apply
Step 1: Apply for your course
Apply for one of the eligible courses. When you apply for your course, you'll automatically be considered for the Creative Industries International Scholarship.
If you receive an offer to study at QUT, as well as an offer for the Creative Industries International Scholarship, you can continue with your application for this specific Vietnam Excellence scholarship.
Step 2: Create your video
To apply for the Creative Industries International Scholarship - Vietnam Excellence, you'll also need to create a 2-minute video in English on the topic: ‘How can creativity improve our society?’ The video will be judged according to:
- originality of concept
- clarity and communication.
Upload the video as unlisted on YouTube or other platforms.
Step 3: Complete the application form
If you've received an offer to study at QUT, you'll receive a student ID number. You can then use this ID number to complete the scholarship application form for this Vietnam Excellence scholarship. You'll provide a link to your video as part of this application form.
You must complete the scholarship application form by 6 December 2020.
What happens next?
These scholarships are competitive. After the application closing date, our panel will assess each application and notify the outcome as soon as possible.
If your application is successful, you must accept the offer within 7 days.
These scholarships are only for the Semester 1, 2021 intake, and you can't defer your study.
If your application for the Vietnam Excellence Scholarship is unsuccessful, you are still eligible for the 25% Creative Industries International Scholarship.
To receive the ongoing scholarship after your first two semesters, you must:
- maintain a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 5.5 on the QUT 7-point scale for the duration of your studies at QUT.
About the scholarship
These scholarships are sponsored by the Creative Industries Faculty for students starting in Semester 1, 2021.
It is available to excellent international students who:
- have demonstrated excellence in their past studies
- continue to achieve high standards for the duration of their studies with QUT
- are willing to share their QUT student experiences with future students.