What you'll receive
- An annual living allowance of AU$28,597 for three years, indexed annually
- The scholarship is for full-time study and can be used to support living costs.
- A six-month extension to the scholarship is also possible, subject to approval by QUT.
- Successful international students will be considered for a HDR tuition fee sponsorship, if successful in receiving the scholarship.
- meet QUT academic and English language entry requirements for the Doctor of Philosophy (IF49)
- have recently completed degree in materials science & engineering, mechanical engineering, chemistry or physics
- first-class honours (H1) or equivalent
- minimum GPA requirement: 5.5
- an alignment with a particular research centre.
The provision of a scholarship is conditional on successful application and admission to the IF49 Doctor of Philosophy course. Eligibility for admission to a research degree is determined by the Graduate Research Centre.
How to apply
- Covering letter which demonstrates that you meet the requirements for the PhD program and addressing the desired skills and attributes.
- Curriculum vitae detailing education, professional experience, research experience, publications, and relevant competencies.
- Complete academic record (including GPA scores/grades and grading scale details).
- Names and contact details of two referees.
Please email Professor Cheng Yan including your curriculum vitae (published papers or research reports)
What happens next?
Applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
- You will need to follow the how to apply steps outlined at https://www.qut.edu.au/research/study-with-us/how-to-apply.
- You must submit your expression of interest (EOI).
- Apply for the scholarship in your EOI by:
- nominating Prof Cheng Yan as your principal supervisor; and
- in the financial details section, enter the details of this scholarship at question 2.
- If your EOI is accepted you will be invited to submit a full application including a research proposal to finalise your application.
The successful applicant will be notified by email.
About the scholarship
Development of advanced electrode materials for high performance Li-ion batteries