- Applications close
- 31 August 2021
What you'll receive
- a living allowance of AU$28,597 (2021 rate, indexed annually) for up to 3 years if you're a full-time PhD student.
International students will also be considered for a tuition fee sponsorship.
- meet QUT academic and English language entry requirements for the IF49 Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- hold an undergraduate degree with first or second class division 1 honours, or a masters degree by research in biomedical engineering and biomedical sciences or a related discipline.
- propose a project aligned to the Centre for Biomedical Technologies and undertaken under the primary supervision of an investigator within the Centre.
The provision of a scholarship is conditional on successful application and admission to the IF49 Doctor of Philosophy. Eligibility for admission to a research degree is determined by the Graduate Research Centre.
Due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, this scholarship is only available for candidates who are already located in Australia, and can commence in 2021.
How to apply
You are required to discuss potential projects with investigators in the Centre prior to submitting an expression of interest.
Please then email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- an updated CV
- academic transcripts
- outline of your research interests.
- The conditions for retaining the scholarship are set out in the rules of the QUT Postgraduate Research Award (Domestic) or QUT Postgraduate Research Award (International).
About the scholarship
The Centre for Biomedical Technologies aims to deliver better health in our lifetime, by improving how we treat complex medical cases stemming from injuries, infection and age-related issues. Our research and development focus is on better patient treatments and quality of life into the future using regenerative approaches, robotics and artificial intelligence, and advanced manufacturing to expand surgical possibilities and reduce complications.
Our three Research Programs in the Centre are:
- stem cells and tissue engineering
- medical imaging, biomechanics, and robotic technologies
- medical device design and manufacturing.
We invite highly motivated, committed candidates with an ability to work collaboratively to discuss proposed projects and/or research opportunities with our investigators within the Centre and apply for a Centre for Biomedical Technologies funded scholarship.