What you'll receive
A scholarship valued at $5,000, paid in two instalments in your first year of study.
You'll receive payments after HECS-Census date in your first and second semesters of study, provided you have an active enrolment and meet all the scholarship conditions.
Other benefits may include:
- automatic membership of the QUT College of Excellence
- access to QUT's Leadership, Development and Innovation Program
- access to QUT Business School's Business Advantage Program
- the opportunity to represent QUT through the Student Ambassador Program.
To receive the scholarship you must:
- be starting university for the first time in 2020 (excluding START QUT or similar programs)
- be graduating Year 12 in 2019 at an Australian high school, or have graduated Year 12 in 2018 and taken a gap year
- have achieved an unadjusted OP 1 or 2 (or equivalent unadjusted ATAR)
- receive a QTAC offer for a full-time place in BS05, BS08 or a double degree with a Business component
There is no mid-year application process. Students starting study in Semester 2, 2020 must apply in this round.
You must also:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or hold a permanent humanitarian visa
- not hold any other merit-based scholarship (Equity scholarships are allowed)
- complete and lodge the scholarship application by the due date.
What happens next?
QUT Business School will make Business Academic Excellence Scholarship offers in January 2020 to those who have completed a scholarship application by the due date, and placed a QUT single or double business degree as their first QTAC course preference. This offer round will occur after QUT Excellence Scholarship offers have completed. Scholarship offers are contingent upon admission into a business degree at QUT.
If you aren’t successful in your application, there is no appeals process.
Only students who are successful in being offered a scholarship are notified.
To keep your scholarship you must:
- remain enrolled full time in a QUT business degree
- complete a minimum of 2 business units per semester (double degree students)
- maintain a grade point average (GPA) of 4.0 and passes in all units for the duration of the scholarship.
- defer your scholarship offer for 6 months. If you defer your course for a year, you can reapply for the scholarship the following year, provided that you haven't undertaken university study in the meantime
- take a leave of absence for up to 12 months (in accordance with our student rules), but only after you have completed one full-time semester of study. You won't receive scholarship payments during this time.
- hold any other academic scholarship; Equity Scholarships are allowed. If you have any questions about holding other scholarships, contact the QUT Business School Scholarships Coordinator.
Full terms and conditions(PDF file, 206.3 KB)
About the scholarship
This scholarship gives you a head start on university study in business and acknowledges the hard work and outstanding results you have achieved at high school.
By attracting the best business students to our programs, we ensure you have an engaging academic experience during your time here.
Our business graduates are highly regarded by employers, as we continue to produce leaders in business domestically and internationally.