- Applications open
- 6 August 2020
- Applications close
- 20 November 2020
What you'll receive
A scholarship valued at $5,000, paid in two instalments in your first year of study.
You'll receive payments after HECS-Census date in your first and second semesters of study, provided you have an active enrolment and meet all the scholarship conditions.
Other benefits may include:
- automatic membership of the QUT College of Excellence
- access to QUT's Leadership, Development and Innovation Program
- access to QUT Business School's Business Advantage Program
- the opportunity to represent QUT through the Student Ambassador Program.
To receive the scholarship you must:
- be starting university for the first time in 2021 (excluding START QUT or similar programs)
- be graduating Year 12 in 2020 at an Australian high school, or have graduated Year 12 in 2019 and taken a gap year
- have achieved an unadjusted ATAR 97.00 or equivalent (OP 1&2 for 2019 graduates)
- have placed QUT as your first preference on your QTAC application
- receive a QTAC offer for a full-time place in BS05 Bachelor of Business, BS08 Bachelor of Business - International, or a double degree with a business component.
There is no mid-year application process. Students starting study in Semester 2, 2021 must apply in this round.
You must also:
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, or hold a permanent humanitarian visa
- not hold any other merit-based scholarship (Equity scholarships are allowed)
- complete and lodge the scholarship application by the due date.
How to apply
Applications open: 6 August 2020
Applications close: 20 November 2020
What happens next?
QUT Business School will make Business Academic Excellence Scholarship offers in January 2021 to those who have completed a scholarship application by the due date, and placed a QUT single or double business degree as their first QTAC course preference. This offer round will occur after QUT Excellence Scholarship offers have completed. Scholarship offers are contingent upon admission into a business degree at QUT.
Only students who are successful in being offered a scholarship are notified.
To keep your scholarship you must:
- remain enrolled full time in a QUT business degree
- complete a minimum of two business units per semester (double degree students)
- maintain a grade point average (GPA) of 4.0 and passes in all units for the duration of the scholarship.
- defer your scholarship offer for six months only. If you defer your course for six months and commence in second semester you will remain eligible for your scholarship. If you defer your course for 12 months you must reapply for the scholarship, provided that you haven't undertaken university study in the meantime
- take a leave of absence for up to two years but only after you have completed one semester of study. You won't receive scholarship payments during periods of leave.
- hold any other academic scholarships; Equity Scholarships are allowed. If you have any questions about holding other scholarships, contact the QUT Business School Scholarships Coordinator
- defer your scholarship for 12 months.
About the scholarship
This scholarship gives you a head start on university study in business and acknowledges the hard work and outstanding results you have achieved at high school.
By attracting the best business students to our programs, we ensure you have an engaging academic experience during your time here.
Our business graduates are highly regarded by employers, as we continue to produce leaders in business domestically and internationally.