What you'll receive
A scholarship valued at $5,000 in your first year of study in a business single or double degree.
The scholarship will be paid as a stipend of $2,500 after the HECS-HELP census date in your first and second semester of study, as long as you have an active enrolment and meet all the scholarship conditions.
Other benefits may include:
- automatic membership of the QUT College of Excellence
- invitation to attend the College of Excellence camp in February
- the opportunity to represent QUT as a Student Ambassador.
You must be one of:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen
- a permanent resident
- the holder of a permanent humanitarian visa.
You must not:
- hold any other merit-based scholarship (Equity scholarships are allowed).
You must also:
- be graduating Year 12 in 2021 at an Australian high school, or have graduated Year 12 in 2020 and taken a gap year
- have achieved a minimum unadjusted ATAR of 97.00 or equivalent
- be starting university for the first time in 2022 (excluding START QUT or similar programs)
- have placed QUT as your first preference on your QTAC application
- accept your QTAC offer for a full-time place in
- BS05 Bachelor of Business
- BS08 Bachelor of Business – International
- or a double degree with a business component.
There is no mid-year application process. Students starting study in Semester 2, 2022 must apply in this round and defer their offer for 6 months.
Other scholarships at QUT may require you to complete a separate application form. For more information, browse our scholarships.
How to apply
You do not need to complete a scholarship application to be considered for the Business Academic Excellence Scholarship. All eligible students who complete a QTAC application in line with QTAC key dates will be considered.
There is no Semester 2 scholarship offer round. Students looking to commence study in Semester 2, 2022 must accept their scholarship offer during this round and defer their course and scholarship for 6 months.
Other scholarships at QUT may require you to complete a separate application to be considered. For more information, browse our scholarships.
What happens next?
QUT Business School will make Business Academic Excellence Scholarship offers in January 2022 to those who have completed a QTAC application in line with their key dates, and placed a QUT single or double business degree as their first QTAC course preference. This offer round will occur after QUT Excellence Scholarship round one offers have completed. Scholarship offers are contingent upon admission into a business degree at QUT.
Only students who are successful in being offered a scholarship are notified.
To keep your scholarship you must:
- remain enrolled full time in a QUT business degree
- complete a minimum of two business units per semester (double degree students)
- maintain a grade point average (GPA) of 4.0 and passes in all units for the duration of the scholarship.
- defer your scholarship offer for six months only. If you defer your course for six months and commence in second semester you will remain eligible for your scholarship
- take a leave of absence for up to two years but only after you have completed one semester of study. You won't receive scholarship payments during periods of leave.
- undertake university study elsewhere, and be resulted for same, prior to commencing at QUT on this scholarship
- defer your scholarship for 12 months. If you defer your course for 12 months you must reapply for the scholarship
- hold any other academic scholarships; Equity Scholarships are allowed. If you have any questions about holding other scholarships, contact the QUT Scholarships team.
Further terms and conditions will be provided in August.
About the scholarship
This scholarship gives you a head start on university study in business and acknowledges the hard work and outstanding results you have achieved at high school.
By attracting the best business students to our programs, we ensure you have an engaging academic experience during your time here.
Our business graduates are highly regarded by employers, as we continue to produce leaders in business domestically and internationally.