- Applications open
- 19 February 2018
- Applications close
- 16 March 2018
What you'll receive
- $2,500 to cover the cost of educational expenses for one semester of study, as a study allowance of $1,250 after the census date and another $1,250 at the end of the semester (after results are released in the same semester)
- mentoring by an industry professional aligned with the Brisbane Advertising Association.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be enrolled in one of:
- Bachelor of Business (BS05)
- Bachelor of Mass Communication (IF27)
- a double degree that includes a Bachelor of Business
- be studying full-time or part-time
- be working toward an advertising major
- have no more than 12 months remaining on plan to complete the degree at the start of 2018.
You must also:
- have an overall grade point average (GPA) of 5.5 or above
- have successfully completed or be currently enrolled in at least one of:
- Advertising Copywriting (AMB318)
- Media Planning (AMB319).
How to apply
To apply, download the application guide (PDF file, 196.68 KB) and follow the instructions to complete your application.
Your application must include:
- a cover letter outlining why you're applying and why you deserve the scholarship
- your resume, including your academic record, professional qualifications and employment history
- a video in which you analyse a recent advertising campaign
- evidence of how you've applied your advertising skills in real-world situations.
Apply by email
Email your application to the Business School Scholarships Coordinator. Make the subject 'Brisbane Advertising Association Scholarship for Excellence in Advertising'.
What happens next?
Our panel will assess and shortlist applications based on:
- academic merit
- your desire to build a career in advertising
- evidence of applied understanding of advertising concepts, theory and practice
- evidence of personal and professional achievements and qualities
- leadership qualities and potential
- aptitude and passion for advertising and business.
If you're shortlisted, we'll invite you to attend an interview with the selection panel.
Whether you're successful or not, we'll send you written confirmation of the outcome of your application. There is no appeals process for unsuccessful applications.
Read the terms and conditions (PDF file, 190.03 KB) for this scholarship.
About the scholarship
This scholarship is proudly supported by the Brisbane Advertising Association.
Brisbane Advertising Association
The Brisbane Advertising Association (BAA) was founded in 1989 by a group of prominent industry identities and is essentially a charitable organisation. It currently has over 150 financial members drawn from advertising agencies, all sectors of the media, marketing professionals, associated industries and specialist service providers.