- Applications open
- 21 January 2019
- Applications close
- 17 March 2019
What you'll receive
- a scholarship valued at $10,000. The scholarship will be paid as a stipend in four instalments of $2,500 per semester for up to two years, following confirmation of your enrolment after the census date of each semester, commencing Semester 1, 2019.
Other benefits may include:
- Further personal development opportunities including work integrated learning (WIL) and the opportunity for paid vacation work with BMD.
You must be entering your third year of full-time study in one of these courses in Semester 1, 2019:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Civil)
- Bachelor of Urban Development (Construction Management)
- Bachelor of Urban Development (Honours) Construction Management)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil and Construction).
- have a grade point average (GPA) of at least 4.5
To apply for this scholarship, you must be either:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen
- an Australian permanent resident
- an Australian permanent humanitarian visa holder.
How to apply
You need to:
By the close date, 11:59pm Sunday 17 March 2019, complete and submit the online application form including the following attachments:
- A copy of your academic record from HiQ site
- A copy of your resume / curriculum vitae (CV).
Contact email@example.com with any queries relating to the scholarship.
What happens next?
Selection will be based on:
- academic merit
- ability to work in a team environment
- demonstrated leadership skills
- personal commitment to a career within the construction industry.
Representatives from BMD will shortlist those applicants required for an interview.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview with BMD, who will then advise QUT of the successful candidate. BMD may request that a QUT representative also sit on the interview panel.
If your application is successful, we will notify you via telephone and mail.
If your application is not successful, we will notify you by mail.
About the scholarship
The scholarship may contribute to Commonwealth assisted fees or provide a study stipend.
You will be encouraged to commit to six weeks of paid vacation work annually. This will generally be offered during November, December and January of each calendar year. Vacation work will be separately facilitated and paid by BMD.
BMD is one of Australia's largest privately owned construction, consulting and urban development organisations.