- Applications open
- 4 January 2019
- Applications close
- 10 March 2019
What you'll receive
- a scholarship valued at $8,000. The scholarship will be paid as a stipend of $4,000 per year after the HECS-HELP census date of semester 1 in 2019 and 2020.
Other benefits may include:
- Further personal development opportunities including work integrated learning (WIL) and paid internships.
You must be entering your second year of full-time study in one of these courses in Semester 1, 2019:
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Computer Science) (IN01)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Information Systems) (IN01)
- Bachelor of Games and Interactive Environments (Software Technologies) (IN05)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Computer and Software Systems) (EN01)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Computer and Software Systems) (EN40)
- have a grade point average (GPA) of at least 5.0.
To apply for this scholarship, you must be either:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen
- an Australian permanent resident
- an Australian permanent humanitarian visa holder.
How to apply
By the close date, 11.59pm Sunday 10 March 2019, you need to complete and submit the online application form including the following attachments:
- a copy of your academic record from HiQ site
- a copy of your resume/curriculum vitae (CV).
What happens next?
Scholarship selection assessment is based on a combination of academic achievement, responses to the selection criteria and, if shortlisted for interview, responses to the interview questions.
A shortlist of up to 5 applicants will undergo an interview by a panel comprised of relevant Discipline academic staff, a SEF International & Engagement staff member and a representative of Agility Applications Pty Ltd.
In the event that the selection committee ranks multiple applicants equally, preference will be given to applicants who have had to move away from their family home to attend university (ie are from a regional area outside of Brisbane) and/or who can demonstrate the greatest financial need.
An offer will be made to the successful applicant by the end of April, 2019, via telephone and in writing via email.
The successful scholarship recipient will be required to:
- meet with Agility Applications representatives
- provide a letter of thanks to Agility Applications Pty Ltd
- participate in an online news story about the scholarship.
If your application is unsuccessful, we will notify you via email.
About the scholarship
Agility Applications is a market-leader in the management and integration of data. Servicing the financial services industry for more than 11 years, the company offers off-the-shelf and bespoke solutions, in addition to consulting and managed technology services.
Headquartered in Fortitude Valley, Agility Applications was established in 2008 when the team created a stand-alone billing application that solved a critical business challenge for their clients. Leveraging their knowledge of the financial sector and its challenges, Agility Applications has grown and developed more than 80 apps and technology solutions which are delivered to over 175 financial services groups across Australia.
The Agility Applications Scholarship has been created to support QUT students who:
- are studying eligible Technology degrees and can demonstrate a passion for technology through their experience and extracurricular activities;
- are committed to striving for future success in technology professions;
- are hard working
- are team players, helping to ensure organisational outcomes are achieved.