This QUT Competition is conducted in accordance with the Part A Competition Details and the Part B Terms and Conditions.
Part A - Promotion details
QUT Open Day 2020 MacBook Air Competition
Item 1 - Competition enquiries
All Competition enquiries can be directed to email@example.com
Item 2 - Competition description
Register online for QUT Open Day 2020 for your chance to win a MacBook Air.
Item 3 - Competition period
Competition start date: 12.00pm AEST on 3 February 2020
Competition closing date: 11.59pm AEST on Sunday 30 August 2020
Entries will not be accepted after the closing date.
Item 4 - Eligibility requirements
To be eligible to enter the Competition, participants must:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand; and
- Fully complete and submit the official QUT Open Day Registration Form supplied by the Promoter online at www.qut.edu.au/open-day and qutopenday.com; and
- Submit the Stay Connected form sent by email to the email address provided on the QUT Open Day Registration Form.
Restrictions: Current QUT employees, their immediate family members and current QUT students are not eligible to enter this Competition.
The Promoter reserves the right, at any time and in its absolute discretion, to (a) verify the eligibility of Participants (including a Participant’s identity); and (b) disqualify any Participant that does not meet the eligibility requirements.
Item 5 - How to enter
- To enter this Competition, a Participant may submit one Entry. A person must not exceed the maximum number of permitted Entries.
- Any Entries submitted in excess of the maximum number of permitted Entries will be disregarded by the Promoter.
- If multiple Entries are permitted, each Entry must be submitted separately.
Competition Entries must be submitted online (at http://www.qut.edu.au/open-day) and received by the Promoter between 12.00pm AEST on 3 February 2020 and 11.59pm AEST on Sunday 30 August 2020.
Competition Entries must comply with the following requirements:
- The participant must state their first name, email address, citizenship or residency status, study level interest (e.g. undergraduate, postgraduate, research), and their current level of study or qualifications (e.g. currently in Year 12, have some study or work experience, have a university degree).
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time and in its absolute discretion, to (a) verify the validity of any Entry; and (b) disqualify any Invalid Entry, or any Entry submitted not in accordance with these Terms.
Item 6 - Prize(s)
There will be one prize and one prize winner.
The prize winner will receive one (1) x 13-inch 256GB Apple MacBook Air computer, value at AUD$ 1,999.00
Item 7 - Selection of prize winner(s)
The prize winner will be drawn at random by the Promoter on or about Monday 7 September at 12.00pm AEST.
Announcement of prize winner(s)
The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to (a) announce the prize winner by email; and (b) notify the prize winner by no later than 5:00pm AEST on Wednesday 9 September.
Item 8 - Claiming the prize
The prize winner must claim their prize by 5:00pm AEST on 30 September 2020 (the “Forfeiture Date”) by:
- collecting the prize in person at QUT, between 8:00am – 4:00pm AEST at F block, level 7, Kelvin Grove campus; or
- where agreed, QUT at its own expense will make arrangements for shipping of the prize to the prize winner.
If the prize winner does not claim their prize before the specified Forfeiture Date, the winner shall forfeit their prize and the Promoter will select a replacement prize winner by random draw in accordance with these Terms.
Item 9 - Participant’s personal information
In order to participate in this Competition, Participants may be required to provide the Promoter with personal information such as the Participant’s:
- email address
- citizenship or residency status
- current level of study or qualifications.
Part B – Terms and conditions for QUT game of chance
- The Part A Competition Details, these Part B Terms and Conditions and all information on “how to enter” this Competition (collectively the “Terms”) apply to this promotion (the “Competition”).
- The Competition will be conducted by the Queensland University of Technology (ABN: 83 791 724 622, CRICOS Provider No. 00213J) of 2 George Street, Brisbane, QLD, 4000 (“QUT” or the “Promoter”) during the Competition Period specified in Part A.
- By entering this Competition, you (the “Participant”) warrant that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these Terms.
- If the Participant is under the age of 18 years, the Participant will be deemed to have obtained the permission of the Participant’s parent or legal guardian to participate in the Competition and for the Promoter to use their Competition Entry as set out in these Terms.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend or replace these Terms and/or any Competition rules or procedures at any time and for any reason.
- Interpretation. Any reference to “includes” or “including” means without limitation, and where permitted in Part A, any reference to (a) Participant includes multiple Participants entering the Competition as a team; (b) Competition Entry includes multiple Entries; and (c) Prize includes multiple prizes.
Competition entry requirements
- All Entries become the property of the Promoter upon submission, upload or otherwise being provided to the Promoter.
- No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, incorrectly submitted or misdirected Entries.
- Competition Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Competition Period.
- Entries that are incomplete, indecipherable, illegible, forged, manipulated, tampered with in any way, contain any defamatory, offensive or unlawful content, any Entry that has the potential to damage the reputation of any individual or entity, or entries that the Promoter reasonably considers do not comply with these Terms will be deemed invalid by the Promoter and removed from the Competition (“Invalid Entries”).
Judging and prizes
- This promotion is a game of chance and each validly submitted Entry will enter the draw for a chance to be randomly selected by the Promoter as a prize winner.
- A Participant claiming to be a prize winner must provide proof of identity, if required by the Promoter. Each prize winner may also be required to sign a document indicating they have received their prize at the time of collection.
- If a prize winner is under the age of 18 years, their prize may be awarded to the prize winner’s parent or legal guardian.
- The Promoter may, but is not obliged, to publish the results of the Competition. By entering this Competition, the Participant consents to the Promoter publishing their name as a winner in any media whatsoever (unless otherwise advised by the Participant during the Competition Period).
- Prizes are subject to availability. If a prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the same or similar value and/or specification.
- If a prize includes vouchers, tickets or is of a similar redeemable nature, the prize is valid until the expiry date specified on the prize (or as otherwise notified by the prize provider), and is subject at all times to any terms and conditions specified by the prize provider.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any changes in dates, times, cancellations or otherwise that may prevent a prize winner from accepting, taking or using a prize.
- The Promoter makes no warranties or representations, and will not accept any liability, in respect of the fitness for purpose or suitability of any prize, or the failure of any prize to be of merchantable quality. If liability is imposed by legislation and cannot be excluded the Promoter, the liability of the Promoter in respect of the relevant goods and/or services is limited to (a) re-supply; or (b) paying replacement costs.
- The prize(s) or any part or element of the prize(s) are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
- The manufacturer(s) or supplier(s) of the prize(s) are not participants in, or promoters or sponsors of, this Competition.
- This Competition is free to enter.
- Any decision of the Promoter in respect of all matters arising out of or in connection with the Competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Each Participant is responsible for notifying the Promoter of any change to the Participant’s contact details during and after the Competition Period.
- If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as the Promoter anticipated, due to any reason beyond reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
- Jurisdiction. This Competition and these Terms are governed by the laws of Queensland.
- Participants enter the Competition at their own risk.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including liability in contract, tort, pursuant to legislation or otherwise), and is hereby released, from any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition or any prize, including but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any tax liability incurred by a prize winner; (e) any expense incurred by a prize winner in connection with the prize or Competition generally, including spare parts, maintenance/repair, delivery costs or otherwise associated with accepting, taking or using a prize are the prize; (f) Possession, use or misuse of a prize; or (g) participation in any activity associated with the Competition.
- The Promoter will collect and use the Participants' personal information for the purposes of administering and carrying out the Competition, and may be used to send information and future promotional communications to the Participant.
- If a Participant does not consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information as outlined in these Terms and Conditions, the Participant should contact the Promoter.
- A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.