When and where
This year we're bringing Open Day to you.
Join us online for QUT Virtual Open Day—it's your opportunity to find out everything you need to know about studying with us, all in one place.
Date and time
- Saturday 29 and Sunday 30 August
- 10am–2pm (AEST) each day
Register for Virtual Open Day
Get ready for study in 2021
How to participate in Virtual Open Day
You won’t need to install any special software or apps to participate on the day. The Virtual Open Day website can be accessed from most web browsers and mobiles.
Live chat on the day will be by text only within the event website.
If you haven't already, create your profile and then join the event.
Not able to access the event?
If at first you don’t succeed at logging into the event, take a break and try again later. We may have reached the maximum number of users able to log on at any time.
- Try the connection test
- Check the troubleshooting FAQs
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with detailed information and we’ll be able to assist.
If you need technical support once you’ve joined the online event platform, use the Tech Support chat option available on the screen.
In the meantime, you can:
- access on-demand videos, publications and student stories:
- short course information videos
- snapshots of student life
- course brochures
- information and videos about gaining entry, scholarships, student support, campus life, clubs and sport, and more.
- contact our HiQ team for general enquiries or information about admission, fees and advanced standing (credit)
- phone 07 3138 2000
If you missed the live course webinars from our expert academic staff and current students you can watch them on-demand.
Saturday 29 August
Be in demand with a health career—two of our students share their experiences of studying health at QUT
Sunday 30 August
What to expect at Virtual Open Day
Virtual Open Day is all about you and helping you navigate your future options.
53 virtual booths
Live text chat with our staff about courses, careers, entry to QUT, scholarships and more.
Step inside our labs, workshops and studios with 3D virtual tours of our campuses.
Get the low down from our students about their courses and university life at QUT.
When you visit us at Virtual Open Day you'll find course booths for all our study areas featuring:
- on-demand videos with lecturers and students
- course brochures to download
- the option to chat with academic staff to get your questions answered.
At Virtual Open Day you'll find information booths with:
- advice about scholarships, sport, admissions, overseas exchange, fees, accommodation, life on campus and more
- staff and students ready to answer your questions via chat
- videos about getting into uni and getting the most out of uni life
- resources and brochures to download.
Going to uni isn’t all about study and our diverse community has something for everyone.
At Virtual Open Day, you'll be able to find out all about clubs, sports, entrepreneurship, overseas opportunities, accommodation options and campus life.Student life at QUT
We're here to help you succeed.
At Virtual Open Day you can check out our videos and chat live to staff about disability support, scholarships, fees, getting into QUT, career and learning services, and support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.Our support services
'QUT's Open Day was the best resource for helping me decide what and where I wanted to study after graduating Year 12. Having the opportunity to ask current students and staff any and every question I had about university and the different courses alleviated so much stress about my future.'
Don’t just study science here – experience it
Interested in studying science?
Before you see us in the real world, you can experience QUT in our 360° world. Interact with our online environments and hear from real students who've learned with us.