You are viewing Australian and NZ students' course information. Change to view international students' course information.
Apply now for mid-year entry
With more courses and places on offer, now's the time to start your study.
Prepare for leadership positions to boost your career and acquire new skills.
Your future starts now. Apply by 30 June 2018.
- This course will suit you if you hold an undergraduate degree in either information technology or business.
- Develop the skills and knowledge to translate business strategies into information technology solutions.
- Study corporate systems and business process management, project management, IT consulting, enterprise architecture, enterprise systems, and information management with business processes.
- Prepares you for a career as a chief information officer, enterprise architect, business development manager, senior business analyst, software development manager, program manager or corporate strategist.
- Complete in 1.5 years full-time or 3 years part-time.
|QUT course code||IN23|
|Attendance||Full-time or Part-time|
1.5 years full-time
3 years part-time
|Start month||2018 & 2019 February, July|
QUT's Master of Business Process Management will give you the opportunity to develop the expertise in the application of process-centric thinking to effectively support businesses, maximise the impact of available resources and enable innovative business strategies. The program examines business-IT alignment issues through appropriate theory and skill development, and provides career enhancement opportunities into senior management and governance roles.
You will study specialist units in Business Process Management specialisation and may undertake additional study in the areas of corporate systems, IT professional services, enterprise architecture and systems, and information and knowledge management.
Why choose this course?
Business Process Management (BPM) is a set of structured methods and technologies for increasing the operational performance of organisations. Recent studies report that BPM has become a top priority across all industries, and professionals who can combine managerial and IT skills to enhance process performance are in high demand. The required skills cover strategic alignment, governance, process modelling, analysis, innovation, process-aware information systems and change management.
QUT’s outstanding research credibility in BPM has influenced the design of the Master of Business Process Management. It reflects the requirements of the industry’s needs for business process expertise and prepares graduates for an exciting BPM career.
QUT's Business Process Management course is widely acknowledged as having strong links to industry. Throughout your studies, you will:
- undertake project-based units that require you to apply theoretical and technical knowledge in the development of BPM related artefacts (e.g., conceptual models and frameworks, business plans)
- use real world and research-inspired problems
- use advanced analytical, conceptual and logical thinking processes to solve novel and complex problems
- cover relevant contemporary BPM and interpersonal capabilities necessary for you to move into senior professional positions.
QUT's Master of Business Process Management will develop business and IT professionals and provide opportunities to be eligible for the senior executive roles of Chief Information Officer, IT Director or Enterprise Architect. Career paths leading to these senior IT positions include: Benefits Analyst, Program Office Manager, Quality and Software Release Manager, Change Manager, Capabilities Manager, Customer Relationship/Service Manager, ICT Policy Manager, Business Process/Continuity Manager, Corporate Strategist and Development Advisor, Senior Business Analyst, Systems Architect, Business Process and IT Consultants and IT Project and Program Managers.
The Masters courses provide a pathway to follow on with a research degree (Master of Philosophy, Professional Doctorate or PhD). Students who successfully complete IFN600 Research Based Practice and a 48 credit point research project, are encouraged to apply for enrolment in a doctoral program. IN23 provides direct pathways for entry to a PhD program.
The Master of Business Process Management provides graduates with the skills and knowledge to create and align information systems to effectively support business and enable business strategy. The program examines business-IT alignment issues through appropriate theory and skill development, and provides career enhancement opportunities into senior management and governance roles.
Students will study specialist units in Business Process Management specialisation and may undertake additional study in the areas of corporate systems, IT professional services, enterprise architecture and systems, and information and knowledge management.
Course completion rules
- Students are required to complete 144 credit points of units.
- Students are required to complete the specified core units (120cp) which includes 48cp in specialist Business Process Management units.
- Students must also complete two units (24cp) of electives from the list of approved elective units provided. NB: If you have no BPM Background, you should complete IFN515 in your first semester
Academic entry requirements
A completed recognised bachelor degree (or higher) in business or information technology with a minimum grade point average (GPA) score of 4.0 (on QUT's 7 point scale); or
A completed recognised bachelor degree (or higher) in any discipline with a minimum grade point average (GPA) score of 4.0 (on QUT's 7 point scale) and five (5) years industry experience in business, information technology or business process management.
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. We review fees annually, and they may be subject to increases.
2019: $22,500 per year full-time (96 credit points) (subject to annual review)
2018: $20,700 per year full-time (96 credit points) (subject to annual review)
Student Services and Amenities Fee
You may need to pay the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) as part of your course costs.
FEE-HELP: loans to help you pay your course fees
You may not have to pay anything upfront if you're eligible for a FEE-HELP loan.
Find out if you're eligible for a FEE-HELP loan
Scholarships and financial support
You can apply for scholarships to help you with study and living costs.
These scholarships are available for this course:
You may also be eligible for Centrelink payments.
How to apply for Master of Business Process Management
You apply directly to QUT for all our postgraduate courses.
Are you ready to submit your application?
You're ready if you have:
- Found all the courses you want to apply for. You can apply for up to 3.
- Checked important dates.
- Checked you meet the entry requirements
- Checked course costs and if you're eligible for financial support
- Checked if you're eligible for credit for prior learning
- Collected supporting documents (see application form)
All done? Then you're ready to apply.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.