You are viewing Australian and NZ students' course information. Change to view international students' course information.
- Develop advanced skills in investigation and critical thinking to apply to real industry problems.
- Gain extensive knowledge in a specialist area, including architecture, interior design, industrial design, construction management, property economics, landscape architecture, architecture and planning, and sustainability.
- Apply yourself to a program of supervised research and investigation before preparing a thesis.
|QUT course code||BN71|
|Attendance||Part-time or Full-time|
|Course duration||1 year full-time
2 years part-time
|Start month||2015 & 2016|
From this research degree you will acquire advanced knowledge of scientific research methods which can be applied to research problems in the built environment. As well as mastering relevant techniques, you will develop high-level skills in investigation and critical thinking and attain extensive knowledge in a specialist area.
Specialisations are available in all the design and built environment disciplines—architecture, interior design, industrial design, construction management, property economics, landscape architecture, architecture and planning—and in the research themes of sustainability and design. You are encouraged to discuss your application with Faculty staff early in the development of the research proposal that forms part of your application.
Masters by research studies normally include:
- assessed coursework
- participation in university scholarly activities such as research seminars, teaching and publication
- regular meetings with supervisors
- a program of supervised research and investigation
- preparation of a thesis.
A completed recognised Bachelor Honours Degree (or higher award) in a relevant discipline with a minimum grade point average of 5.0 on QUT's 7 point scale with relevant professional experience and or other qualifications.
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. All fees are based on current fixed fee prices. We review fees annually.
Research Training Scheme funded. Tuition fees may apply for exceeding maximum time - 2015: $13,500 per Study Period (full-time) (subject to annual review)
Scholarships and financial support
You can apply for scholarships to help you with study and living costs.
These scholarships are available for this course:
How to apply for Master of Applied Science (Research)
You apply directly to QUT for all our research degrees.
Are you ready to submit your application?
You're ready if you have:
- Looked at our research areas
- Selected your degree
- Checked you meet the entry requirements
- Checked if you're eligible for a scholarship
- Agreed on a supervisor with your faculty
- Discussed your options and developed your topic
- Written your research proposal
- Gathered your supporting documents
All done? Then you're ready to apply.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.