You are viewing Australian and NZ students' course information. Change to view international students' course information.
- Ideal for professionals looking for the flexibility to design a program that suits their career goals.
- Domestic students may specialise in: emergency and disaster management, environmental health, health promotion, health services management, occupational health and safety, quality and patient safety, or risk management.
- International students may specialise in: environmental health, or occupational health and safety.
- Complete in 1 semester full-time or 2 semesters part-time.
- Flexible study options - on campus or externally, online learning, or block attendance.
|QUT course code||HL38|
|Attendance||Part-time or Full-time|
|Course duration||0.5 year full-time
1 year part-time
|Start month||2015 & 2016 February, July|
Other courses you may be interested in
This program is ideal for clinicians who want the flexibility to select a combination of units and specialisations that will meet their professional development needs. It offers flexibility with distance delivery, block attendance, external study and online learning for selected units.
Students in the Graduate Certificate in Health Science complete four units from one study area. To complete a major, students must complete at least four units from the same study area within the Faculty of Health. Students can graduate with one specified major only.
Study areas are offered in the following:
- Emergency and Disaster Management
- Environmental Health*
- Health Promotion
- Health Services Management
- Occupational Health and Safety*
- Quality and Patient Safety (part-time only)
- Risk Management
Emergency and Disaster Management, Health Promotion and Health Services Managemetn are only available for part time study.
* Students wishing to complete a graduate diploma qualification in Environmental Health or Occupational Health and Safety should apply for entry into the Graduate Diploma in Environmental Health or Graduate Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
- A completed recognised Bachelor Degree in any discipline; or
- A completed recognised Diploma qualification (or higher award) with at least three years full-time equivalent (FTE) professional work experience which includes at least one year in a supervisory or leadership role (e.g. with responsibility for decision making, team work, quality assurance, and/or policy development); or
- Current registration within the applicant’s field of practice with a nationally recognised professional body with at least 3 years full-time equivalent (FTE) professional work experience
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. All fees are based on current fixed fee prices. We review fees annually.
2015: $9,000 per Study Period (48 credit points) (subject to annual review)
Student Services and Amenities Fee
You'll need to pay the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) as part of your course costs.
FEE-HELP: loans to help you pay your course fees
You may not have to pay anything upfront if you're eligible for a FEE-HELP loan.
Find out if you're eligible for a FEE-HELP loan
Scholarships and financial support
You can apply for scholarships to help you with study and living costs.
These scholarships are available for this course:
You may also be eligible for Centrelink payments
How to apply for Graduate Certificate in Health Science
You apply directly to QUT for all our postgraduate courses.
Are you ready to submit your application?
You're ready if you have:
- Found all the courses you want to apply for. You can apply for up to 3.
- Checked important dates.
- Checked you meet the entry requirements
- Checked course costs and if you're eligible for financial support
- Checked if you're eligible for credit for prior learning
- Collected supporting documents (see application form)
All done? Then you're ready to apply.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.