You are viewing Australian and NZ students' course information. Change to view international students' course information.
- Designed to meet the needs of the current industry professional seeking to effectively manage business processes in their organisations.
- Develop the skills and knowledge to operationalise business strategy and increase business performance.
- Research findings and industry developments directly inform our content, thanks to our own research and our strong industry connections in Business Process Management.
- Offered on-campus.
- This course will suit you if you hold an undergraduate degree in either information technology or business.
|QUT course code||IN25|
|Course duration||1 year part-time|
|Start month||2019 February|
Other courses you may be interested in
The Graduate Certificate in Business Process Management (BPM) has been specifically conceived to meet the expressed needs of industry professionals. It will provide you with the skills and knowledge to effectively manage business processes in your organisations, to operationalise business strategy and increase business performance.
Why choose this course?
QUT’s outstanding research credibility in BPM continually influences the design of our BPM programs. The core content of this course rests upon solid foundations of the BPM discipline, while being informed by the latest research and technology advances of QUT’s BPM discipline and partner universities, as well as the latest industry developments and trends, acquired through the teaching staff's international industry network.
You will develop the necessary skills, knowledge and values to manage business activities through innovative and evidence-based business process management practices, giving you the opportunity to enhance the business practices of your organisation.
The electives of the Graduate Certificate in BPM expand upon the two discipline areas of operational BPM and enterprise BPM, offer you the possibility to apply your learnings via a dedicated workplace-based project.
QUT's Business Process Management course is widely acknowledged as having strong links to industry. Throughout your studies, you will:
- explore case study-based projects to solve complex BPM problems that are inspired by real-world scenarios, crafted in collaboration with our industry partners
- solve a workplace-based project, applying your specialised BPM knowledge holistically, to solve a concrete problem that is relevant to your profession
- work collaboratively in teams while exercising self-reflection and accountability for personal gains
- be exposed to state-of-the-art software and technology, as is used in the workplace and in research to complete process modelling, analysis and monitoring tasks
- cover relevant contemporary BPM and interpersonal capabilities necessary for you to move into senior professional positions.
This course will be delivered on campus, face-to-face, with blended learning in selected units.
QUT's Graduate Certificate in Business Process Management will develop the skills of business and IT professionals and provide opportunities to be eligible for roles such as Process Analyst, Process Architect, Business Analyst, BPM Methodologist and BPM Consultant.
This course provides a pathway to follow on with a Master degree in Business Process Management or Information Technology.
Students may be eligible for advanced standing for learning undertaken through approved QUT alternative delivery modes such as Continuing Professional Education modules or online courses (MOOCs or SPOCs). There is no limit on the amount of advanced standing that may be awarded into this course from these sources.
Corporate group enrolments
This course is also available for groups of students who are sponsored by their employer. Contact the Science and Engineering Faculty for more information about corporate group enrolments.
Alternative study option
Content from this Graduate Certificate is also taught in an online, self-paced MOOC (Massive Open Online Course). Complete the MOOC and pass the paid assessment to articulate into the Graduate Certificate. Find out more about QUT's Open and Online Learning programs.
To be eligible for the Graduate Certificate in Business Process Management:
- students are required to complete 48 credit points of units.
- students must complete two core BPM units (24 credit points)
- students must take two units (24 credit points) of electives from the list of approved elective units provided.
All course structures
Academic entry requirements
A completed recognised bachelor degree in the field of information technology or business; or
A completed recognised bachelor degree (or higher award) in any discipline plus five years industry experience in business, information technology or business process management.
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. We review fees annually, and they may be subject to increases.
2019: $11,500 per course (48 credit points) (subject to annual review)
Student Services and Amenities Fee
You may need to pay the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) as part of your course costs.
FEE-HELP: loans to help you pay your course fees
You may not have to pay anything upfront if you're eligible for a FEE-HELP loan.
Find out if you're eligible for a FEE-HELP loan
Scholarships and financial support
You can apply for scholarships to help you with study and living costs.
You may also be eligible for Centrelink payments.
How to apply for Graduate Certificate in Business Process Management
You apply directly to QUT for all our postgraduate courses.
Are you ready to submit your application?
You're ready if you have:
- Found all the courses you want to apply for. You can apply for up to 3.
- Checked important dates.
- Checked you meet the entry requirements
- Checked course costs and if you're eligible for financial support
- Checked if you're eligible for credit for prior learning
- Collected supporting documents (see application form)
All done? Then you're ready to apply.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.