You are viewing Australian and NZ students' course information. Change to view international students' course information.
- Designed for future dance professionals who aspire to careers in dance teaching, choreography, research and academia, community arts practice, dance medicine and science, and arts management.
- Develop core techniques in contemporary dance and experience in a broad range of genres.
- Connect with lively professional networks in Australia and globally.
- You will be taught by internationally-recognised staff and visiting specialists.
|QTAC course code||429162|
|QUT course code||KK34|
|Course duration||3 years full-time|
|Start month||2015 & 2016 February|
|Deferment||You can't defer your offer in this course. You must start in the semester you apply for.|
Student Business Services (SBS) Admissions:
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Creative and Professional Writing)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Drama)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Interactive and Visual Design)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Visual Arts)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Creative and Professional Writing)/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Interactive and Visual Design)/Bachelor of Information Technology
Why choose this course?
QTAC applications and the QUT Online Registration Form opened on Tuesday 5 August 2014. Applications for this course major closed on 12 September 2014. Requests for applications after this date cannot be considered. Auditions have also closed.
How do I find out my audition outcome?
Shortly after the 15 November 2014, QUT will update the preference information within your QTAC application to reflect your audition outcome. You will be able to check this via QTAC’s Current Applicant online service at www.qtac.edu.au/OnlineServices/OnlineServices.html#currentapplicant. If you are unsure how to check your preference status there is a helpful video located on this web page.
What information will I see?
Within your Preferences tab you will see one of the following statuses.
Based on the information currently held by QTAC you have satisfied the minimum entry requirements in order to be considered for a place in this course.
- Based on the information currently held by QTAC you have not satisfied the minimum entry requirements in order to be considered for a place in this course.
What does this mean?
If you have satisfied the minimum entry requirements for this course you will then be considered for a place in the course on 11 December, 2014 QTAC offer round. Depending on course place availability, further offers may be made in the 15 January, 2015 QTAC offer round.
Please note that as more applicants will meet the minimum entry requirements than available course places, meeting the minimum entry requirements does not guarantee a QTAC offer will be made.
Successful applicants will only receive one offer at QTAC, to their highest eligible preference.
If you have not satisfied the minimum entry requirements QUT will not be able to offer you a place in the course. You may wish to review your QTAC course preferences. They can be added or amended via QTAC’s Current Applicant online service. For more information on changing preferences, you can contact QTAC Information Services on 1300 GO QTAC (1300 467 822) or (07) 3858 1222.
Application checklist (Guide for 2016 applicants)
- Apply through QTAC. Current Creative Industries Faculty undergraduate students changing course or major must instead submit an I Form or CM Form as appropriate.
- Complete the QUT Online Registration Form. You must have a valid QTAC number or current QUT student ID number to complete this step.
- Pay the non-refundable $55 service fee via QUTPay. Applicants seeking admission assistance via QUT’s Q-Step and/or Oodgeroo schemes are exempt from the service fee.
- Mail/deliver your supporting documentation to QUT. Supporting documentation must be received by 5pm Monday 15 September 2014. Incomplete documentation or documentation received after this time cannot be considered.
- Attend your nominated audition.
Please Note: Registering with QUT is separate and in addition to listing the course as a preference with QTAC. To successfully apply for entry into this course you are required to do both. All above steps must be completed to be considered for a place in the course. The audition process is managed by Creative Industries Faculty. All offers for the course will be made through QTAC or QUT Student Business Services (for current CIF Undergraduate students only).
Supporting documentation checklist
- Online registration Detailed Confirmation Notice
- A resume or curriculum vitae, no more than two pages long
- A copy of your most recent High School report and/or results of previous Tertiary studies
- A 4” x 6” full length body shot facing front in parallel standing position in leotard and tights or swim suit (no board shorts)
- A 4” x 6” full length body shot facing the side in parallel standing position in leotard and tights or swim suit (no board shorts)
- Tertiary Dance Council Personal Statement
- Tertiary Dance Council Physiotherapist Examination Report
QUT Creative Industries Faculty
K Block, Room 419, Victoria Park Road,
Kelvin Grove, QLD, 4059
(opening hours Monday - Friday from 8am to 5pm)
Audition locations and dates
You are required to attend one of the following auditions. Audition times are selected as part of the QUT Online Registration Form process. The time and date of your audition cannot be changed except in exceptional circumstances. Applicants who live in a remote area and cannot attend an audition can submit an audition submission and video statement when completing the QUT Online Registration Form.
If you do not attend your audition you cannot be considered for a place in the course.
- Brisbane – Saturday 11 October 2014, 8am – 2pm (Round 1); 2.30pm – 6.00pm (Round 2), O Block, B Wing East, Level 4, QUT Kelvin Grove Campus
- Sydney – Friday 3 October 2014, 9am – 5pm, University of NSW (Kensington Campus) Myers Studio, Gate 2 High Street, Kensington
- Melbourne – Saturday 4 October 2014, 8.30am – 5pm, The Australian Ballet School, Level 5, 2 Kavanagh St. Southbank
Please contact the Creative Industries Faculty by:
Phone: (07) 3138 8114 and press option 4
Before you start this course we assume you have sound knowledge in these areas:
We assume that you have knowledge equivalent to four semesters at high school level (Years 11 and 12) with sound achievement (4, SA).
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. All fees are based on current fixed fee prices. We review fees annually.
There are requirements that you will need to meet as a student in this course. Information is available from the Additional course requirements and costs website.
The recent federal budget has proposed a number of changes to the funding of higher education which, if implemented, will impact upon costs to Commonwealth supported students from 1 January 2016. Eligible students will still be able to use HECS-HELP (Higher Education Loan Program) to defer payment. It is important to note that the changes are proposals only, subject to the passage of Commonwealth legislation. QUT will be in a position to consider fees for 2016 and beyond once the legislation has been through the houses of parliament. Proposed changes to tuition fees.
2016: CSP rates will be available from 1 October 2015 (subject to annual review)
2015: CSP $4,100 per Study Period (48 credit points) (subject to annual review)
Student Services and Amenities Fee
You'll need to pay the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) as part of your course costs.
HECS-HELP: loans to help you pay your course fees
You may not have to pay anything upfront if you're eligible for a HECS-HELP loan.
Scholarships and financial support
You can apply for scholarships to help you with study and living costs.
These scholarships are available for this course:
You may also be eligible for Centrelink payments
How to apply for Bachelor of Fine Arts (Dance)
You apply through QTAC for all our undergraduate courses.
Are you ready to submit your application?
You're ready if you've:
- Found all the courses you want to apply for - you can apply for up to 6.
- Checked important dates.
- Checked you meet the entry requirements.
- Checked your course costs and if you're eligible for financial support.
See the Entry requirements tab for due dates for submitting additional entry requirements.
All done? Then you're ready to apply.
Important: Make a note of the QTAC code for this course 429162 because you'll need to enter it as part of your QTAC application.
After you've submitted your application to QTAC
If you've studied before or if you have at least two years' work experience, you may want to apply for credit for prior learning.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.