You are viewing Australian and NZ students' course information. Change to view international students' course information.
- Study studio practice and art history to develop a sophisticated understanding of modern and contemporary visual arts for application in the classroom.
- Complete 2 separate degrees in 4 years full-time.
- Work across a broad range of media in an open-studio model, focusing on contemporary art practices.
- Study a business major in accountancy, advertising, economics, finance, human resource management, international business, management, marketing, or public relations.
|QTAC course code||409682|
|QUT course code||IX35|
|Course duration||4 years full-time|
|Start month||2015 & 2016 February|
|Deferment||You can't defer your offer in this course. You must start in the semester you apply for.|
Student Business Services (SBS) Admissions:
Why choose this course?
This combined degree opens up a wide range of creative and business careers.
You will graduate not only with advanced technical and creative skills, but also with highly developed business knowledge.
Immerse yourself in the fine arts major with up to 16 discipline units and gain in-depth knowledge in your specialisation. Your business degree component comprises eight business core units and eight business major units.
Graduates work in a diverse range of interesting careers, taking on positions such as:
- visual arts specialist
- arts manager.
Students may be eligible for membership to a number of professional bodies depending on choice of major and unit selection in their business degree. Details on professional recognition can be found under the individual majors of the Bachelor of Business (BS05).
Bachelor of Business (Honours) option
High-achieving students who wish to take further studies may enrol in BS63 Bachelor of Business (Honours).
This course is made up of 384 credit points. Each component (i.e. business and visual arts) comprises 192 credit points.
Your business degree component comprises eight business core units, and eight business major units. You will choose a business major from accounting, advertising, economics, finance, human resource management, international business, management, marketing or public relations. Accountancy students will complete 10 major units and six Business School core units in order to meet professional recognition requirements.
Successful portfolio and interview.
QTAC applications and the QUT Online Registration Form will open on Tuesday 5 August 2014. Applications close midnight Friday 10 October 2014. Requests for applications after this date cannot be considered.
- Apply through QTAC. Current Creative Industries Faculty undergraduate students changing course or major must instead submit an I Form or CM Form as appropriate.
- Complete the QUT Online Registration Form. You must have a valid QTAC number or current QUT student ID number to complete this step.
- Pay the non-refundable $55 service fee via QUTPay. Applicants seeking admission assistance via QUT’s Q-Step and/or Oodgeroo schemes are exempt from the service fee.
- Mail/deliver a hardcopy portfolio to QUT. This is only applicable if a digital portfolio was not uploaded when completing the QUT Online Registration Form. Hardcopy portfolios must be received by 5pm Monday 13 October 2014. Incomplete portfolios or portfolios received after this time cannot be considered.
- Attend your nominated interview.
Please note: Registering with QUT is separate and in addition to listing the course as a preference with QTAC. To successfully apply for entry into this course you are required to do both. All above steps must be completed to be considered for a place in the course. The portfolio and interview process is managed by Creative Industries Faculty. All offers for the course will be made through QTAC or QUT Student Business Services (for current CIF Undergraduate students only)..
Interview locations and dates
Visual Arts Portfolio and Interview Preparation
Interview location and dates
Interviews will be conducted on Monday 17 and Tuesday 18 November 2014 at H block, Level 3, Ring Road, QUT Kelvin Grove Campus. Interview times are selected as part of the QUT Online Registration Form process. The time and date of your interview cannot be changed except in exceptional circumstances. Applicants who live in a remote area and cannot attend an audition must be available for a phone/Skype interview during the week of Monday 17 November 2014.
If you do not attend your interview you cannot be considered for a place in the course.
Please contact the Creative Industries Faculty by:
Phone: (07) 3138 8114 and press option 4
Before you start this course we assume you have sound knowledge in these areas:
We assume that you have knowledge equivalent to four semesters at high school level (Years 11 and 12) with sound achievement (4, SA). Accountancy, finance, economics and marketing majors also requires 4 SA in Maths A, B or C.
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. All fees are based on current fixed fee prices. We review fees annually.
The recent federal budget has proposed a number of changes to the funding of higher education which, if implemented, will impact upon costs to Commonwealth supported students from 1 January 2016. Eligible students will still be able to use HECS-HELP (Higher Education Loan Program) to defer payment. It is important to note that the changes are proposals only, subject to the passage of Commonwealth legislation. QUT will be in a position to consider fees for 2016 and beyond once the legislation has been through the houses of parliament. Proposed changes to tuition fees.
2016: CSP rates will be available from 1 October 2015 (subject to annual review)
2015: CSP $4,600 per Study Period (48 credit points) (subject to annual review)
Student Services and Amenities Fee
You'll need to pay the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) as part of your course costs.
HECS-HELP: loans to help you pay your course fees
You may not have to pay anything upfront if you're eligible for a HECS-HELP loan.
Scholarships and financial support
You can apply for scholarships to help you with study and living costs.
These scholarships are available for this course:
You may also be eligible for Centrelink payments
How to apply for Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Fine Arts (Visual Arts)
You apply through QTAC for all our undergraduate courses.
Are you ready to submit your application?
You're ready if you've:
- Found all the courses you want to apply for - you can apply for up to 6.
- Checked important dates.
- Checked you meet the entry requirements.
- Checked your course costs and if you're eligible for financial support.
See the Entry requirements tab for due dates for submitting additional entry requirements.
All done? Then you're ready to apply.
Important: Make a note of the QTAC code for this course 409682 because you'll need to enter it as part of your QTAC application.
After you've submitted your application to QTAC
If you've studied before or if you have at least two years' work experience, you may want to apply for credit for prior learning.
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.