STEM Camp 2020
Our science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) camp is back for 2020! Providing high-achieving Year 11 students with an exciting opportunity to attend an interactive week long camp, and engage in solving some of the major challenges facing our society and planet today.
Students will take advantage of our unique learning environment and have an opportunity to explore future study and career options inside QUT's world-class facilities.
Here's a taste of this year's program. You can also check out the 2019 highlight reel above.
Monday 28 September - Friday 2 October 2020 (school holidays)
8:30 am - 5:00 pm each day
The camp is free to attend, provided you meet the eligibility requirements.
To be accepted into this program, you must:
- be a current Queensland or Northern New South Wales Year 11 student
- demonstrate you received 2 or more VHA’s (A's) in at least one STEM subject in 2019 or Semester 1 2020
- obtain parental/guardian permission
- obtain a letter of recommendation from your Teacher, Head of Department or Principal
- be able to attend the entire camp.
Applications that do not include the correct or complete required documentation (i.e. Letter of Recommendation, Parental consent and 2019 Semester 1 and Semester 2 or Semester 1 2020 Academic Reports) on submission will be considered incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The decision of the Panel is final.
Please note: Current STEM Scholars are not eligible.
Apply for the QUT STEM Camp
Applications for 2020 are closed. Applications will open again in 2021. Subscribe to our mailing list to stay up-to-date with application information and other events.
QUT STEM Scholars Program
All STEM Conference students are inducted into the QUT STEM Scholars program.
QUT STEM Scholars program offers:
- access to apply for the QUT STEM Scholars Academic Scholarship
- access to the STEM Scholars virtual Facebook hub
- QUT STEM Ambassadors career advice
- invitations to exclusive STEM Education events and activities
- opportunities to assist QUT with user-testing of programs and workshops.