STEM Conference 2020
A new week-long conference-style program is being planned for 2020 which will provide students in Years 9 to 12 with a program of exciting talks, hands-on workshops and research projects to explore a future that combines creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship through STEM.
Presentations will showcase the exciting teaching and research going on across QUT solving some of the major challenges facing our society and planet today.
A range of hands-on workshops and research projects will see students engaging with QUT academic staff and student ambassadors who are involved in cutting-edge research and study. Students will be able to expand their STEM skills and find creative and innovative ways to solve real world problems.
Students will take advantage of our unique learning environment and have an opportunity to explore future study and career options inside QUT's world-class facilities.
Monday 28 September - Friday 2 October 2020 (school holidays)
9.00 am - 4 pm each day
The Conference is free to attend, provided you meet the eligibility requirements.
For rural and regional students who meeting eligibility requirements travel bursaries options will be provided. For students experiencing financial hardship travel bursaries may also be provided (conditions apply).
To be accepted into this program, you must:
- be a current Queensland or Northern New South Wales Year 9 to 12 student
- studying at least 2 STEM subjects
- be getting at least 2 or more HA’s (B's) including at least one STEM subject in 2019 (based on Semester results only)
- obtain parental/guardian permission
- obtain a letter of recommendation from your Teacher, Career Guidance Officer, Head of Department or Principal
Applications that do not include the correct or complete required documentation (i.e. Letter of Recommendation, Parental consent and 2019 Semester 1 and Semester 2 Academic Reports) on submission will be considered incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The decision of the Panel is final.
Please note: Current STEM Scholars are not eligible.
Apply for the QUT STEM Conference
QUT STEM Scholars Program
All STEM Conference students are inducted into the QUT STEM Scholars program.
QUT STEM Scholars program offers:
- access to the STEM Scholars virtual Facebook hub
- QUT STEM Ambassadors career advice
- invitations to exclusive STEM Education events and activities
- opportunities to assist QUT with user-testing of programs and workshops.