When: 12 March
Where: QUT Science and Engineering Centre (P Block), level 5
Drones across the Curriculum
The rise of drones and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) is changing the way industries such as emergency services, mining, oil and gas, agriculture, and postal delivery operate, with the application of this technology being a unique and interactive way to engage students in STEM. Many schools already have drones and they are now becoming more far more affordable.
Based on QUT’s expertise in robotics and real-world learning, this STEM Teacher Professional Development workshop will introduce teachers to a series of drone activities ideal for use in high schools across Digital Technology, Engineering, Science and Mathematics.
Recommended for teachers who are new to the use of drones in education, this full day event will provide attendees with a series of activities and challenges that can be used in their classrooms immediately including:
- an introduction to the rules and regulations around drone use in schools
- insight into which drones are most suitable for their school based on their individual requirements
- learn to fly and basic coding
- Physics and Specialist Maths applications of vectors, forces and velocity
- exclusive sneak peek and introduction to 3D design and printing of drones
This PD will provide teachers with an understanding of how drones can be used across the curriculum through hands-on, innovative learning experiences. Teachers will be given the opportunity to experiment with each of the activities and discuss ideas and opportunities for their use in the classroom.
- Date: Tuesday 12 March 2019
- Time: 9am – 4pm, registration from 8:45am
- Venue: QUT Science and Engineering Centre, level 5
- Cost: $50
- Provided: Lunch, refreshments and a certificate of professional development
- Level: Appropriate for Year 7+ teachers, beginner level
As limited spaces are available, this event is limited to Year 7 to 12 teachers of STEM subjects who are currently teaching at schools in QLD and Northern NSW. Please complete registration and payment to secure your ticket. After payment is received you will receive a receipt to your nominated email address.