We focus on building excellence and aspire to become one of the leading Economics and Finance departments within business schools.
Our research strength lies within these specialised areas:
- Behavioural Economics
- Environmental Economics and Public Policy
- Financial Econometrics
- Corporate Finance
- Property Economics.
Our groups and centres
Centre for Behavioural Economics, Society and Technology
Bringing together leading researchers in economics, behavioural sciences, social marketing, data analytics, media and health, the Centre’s aim is to deliver evidence-based behavioural research that transforms society and the economy.
National Centre for Econometric Research
The National Centre for Econometric Research (NCER) is a research organisation dedicated to enhancing econometric research and to disseminating the outcomes to policymakers, business professionals, and the academic community.
Our student topics and projects
- Applied and Behavioural Economics in Health
- Financial Econometrics and Risk
- Incorporating recreational and indigenous considerations into commercial fisheries management
- Measuring Higher Education Performance: A Global Comparisons using Network Data Envelopment Analysis
- Quantitative and Qualitative measurement of Airline performance
- Uncertainty, Investor Sentiment and Financial Market Anomalies