How to enter
To compete in the BlueShift Business Case Competition, you must be:
- in Year 10, 11 or 12 and enrolled in high-school as a full-time student at the time of the BlueShift finals
- given permission by your teacher
- enthusiastic about business and networking opportunities
- available to participate on finals day, Saturday 21 May 2022.
Your team must:
- consist of three to four students in total, from the same school
- be accompanied by an adult teacher/mentor if they’re participating in the finals.
Teams can consist of any combination of students enrolled in Year 10, 11 and 12, and a school can register up to three teams each year.
Up to two regional or interstate teams that qualify for the finals will be eligible to receive up to $2,500 per team (maximum four students and one teacher/mentor) to cover their flights and transfers to Brisbane. They will also receive two nights’ accommodation, kindly donated by our accomodation partner, Iglu.
A regional area is defined as a location that is more than 4 hours drive from QUT Gardens Point campus in Brisbane CBD.
28 February 2022: Early bird eligibility for coaching sessions close
1 March 2022: 2022 Business case released
26 April 2022: Final day for team registrations and submissions due
5 May 2022: Finalists announced
21 May 2022: Finals Day at QUT Gardens Point
What happens next?
The case will be released online and you'll have eight weeks to submit a final written solution.
Registered teams will be invited to participate in an online coaching session with a member of the QUT Business School Case Competition team.
A panel of judges will assess the written submissions and choose finalists. We’ll email you to let you know the outcome of your submission.