Older adults fighting isolation online
Our PhD student Mostafa Kamalpour is investigating how older people interact in dedicated forums on social networking site Reddit.Read the article on The LABS
Lauren Fell recognised as NASA star solver
Associate Lecturer Lauren Fell has been highlighted by NASA as a star solver in their open research-based competitions. She placed first in a storyboard challenge in 2017 and has been participating ever since.Read NASA's article
Queensland's top computer scientist
Professor Arthur ter Hofstede has been ranked as Queensland's top Computer Scientist in the 2019 Guide 2 Research rankings.
Where people and technology interact
Dr Andrew Gibson has initiated open source software projects to support his research work, and has delivered workshops and talks locally and internationally on Text Analytics.
We're dedicated to understanding and guiding the impact of IT-enabled business processes, services and information on the world we live in. We provide research expertise in business process management, information and service science disciplines.
We're regarded as one of the leading academic institutions in the world based on our business process management research credibility. Our expertise has influenced the design of our Master of Business Process Management, reflecting the needs of industries in this space.
Our research involves partners in government and industries to solve current problems and improve process efficiency. This includes the European Defence Agency where our academics developed a business process management software system to improve processing time and costs.
Academics from our school frequently publish in renowned journals including Decision Support Systems and Information Systems.
Our students have gone on to be awarded Best Australian PhD Thesis in Information Systems by the Australian Council of Professors and Heads of Information Systems.
Business Process Management
We're one of only a handful of universities in the world that offers a dedicated masters course in Business Process Management (BPM). The key distinguishing factors of our BPM education are:
- a solid curriculum through staff contribution
- established and popularised research findings
- industry developments from our research and industry connections.
"There is a large and growing demand in industry for skilled data analytic professionals. Organisations need to unlock the value of data to make better decisions to be more effective and efficient. We are excited to offer our new data analytics courses to provide our graduates with state-of-the-art knowledge and skills to keep them at cutting edge of this rapidly evolving field."
Dr Helen Thompson - Senior Lecturer in Statistics
"I chose QUT based on reputation. The infrastructure and the lab facilities were great. I'm now with Google and get to enjoy lots of travel. It has, hands-down, the best company culture with constant learning opportunities."
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Communication (Digital Media)/Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Design (Interaction Design)/Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary)/Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)/Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)/Bachelor of Mathematics
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)/Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Information Technology/Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Information Technology/Bachelor of Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Information Technology
- Master of Business Process Management
- Master of Data Analytics
- Master of Information Technology
- Master of Information Technology - Graduate Entry
- Master of Philosophy
The core of our industry engagement is through our research and research training activities and our undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programs.
We partner with businesses and organisations from start-ups to multi-nationals and our scope of application is inclusive, including business process management solutions and innovative service delivery models.
- Australian Library and Information Association
- Asian Office of Aerospace Research and Development
- Bank of Queensland
- Brisbane Airport Corporation
- Cooperative Research Centre Optimising Resource Extraction
- Emergency Medicine Foundation
- Ernst & Young
- Smart Services CRC
- Step Up STEM Learning and Teaching
- Wardy IT Solutions
- Department of Human Services
- Queensland Ambulance Service
- Queensland Government
- Motor Accident Insurance Commission
- Retrieval Services Queensland
- State Library of Queensland
Our school brings together a diverse team of experts who deliver world-class education and achieve breakthroughs in research.
Explore our staff profiles to discover the amazing work our researchers are contributing to.