University Competence Centre
The UCC APJ seeks to continually transform into a thriving international collegial community powered to achieve academic excellence and purposeful collaboration.
The University Competence Centre Asia Pacific Japan (UCC APJ) is a not-for-profit business entity hosted within the School of Information Systems, established by a contract between SAP SE and QUT in 2008. The UCC APJ is one of six global University Competence Centres that are located within the following universities:
- California State University, Chico, United States
- University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, United States
- Otto-von-Guericke-Universitat, Magdeburg, Germany
- Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
- Beijing Jiaotong University, Beijing, China.
The UCC APJ provides services to over 160 SAP University Alliances Program (UAP) members within the Asia Pacific Japan region. Under current operations the UCC APJ provides licensed SAP Solutions to educational institutions for teaching purposes in the areas of:
- enterprise resource planning
- supply chain management
- customer relationship management
- business intelligence
- mobile computing
- in-memory computing and data visualisation.
Our services enable students to obtain an extensive knowledge of SAP solutions, leading to graduates with the SAP knowledge and skills to enter the workforce. Through practical experience using SAP solutions, professors and students gain insight into how enterprise planning solutions can empower the optimisation of key business processes.
The UCC APJ is actively seeking to strengthen international activities through collaborating and fostering partnerships with institutions and industry representatives across the region.
Please contact the customer relationship manager if you have any partnership, engagement or sponsorship enquiries.
- Queensland University of Technology
- SAP UAP
- HEC Montreal
In collaboration with SAP UAP, the UCC APJ has launched an interdisciplinary research hub - Big Data Innovation Centre (BDIC). The BDIC will enable academics to leverage SAP HANA in an effort to re-invent business processes based on new Big Data applications. Academics and industry partners are encouraged to explore the value of big data assets and the benefits of analytic solutions, cloud computing and IoT platforms in driving research initiatives.
Please contact the customer relationship manager if you have any research project queries.
- Professor Glenn Stewart (Information Systems)
- David Taylor, manager
- John Sargent, contracts manager
- William Downes, customer relationship manager
- Brittney Nicholson, marketing and communications coordinator
- Andrew Johnston, senior SAP technical support specialist
- Jo Allder, SAP technical support specialist
- Sea Jung Im, SAP technical support specialist
The UCC APJ provides numerous student placement opportunities throughout the academic year.
The UCC APJ continues to support internship opportunities by engaging students as part of their industry placement unit in the Bachelor of Information Technology degree.
Please contact the customer relationship manager if you have any queries about student or mentoring opportunities.
University Competence Centre Asia Pacific Japan
- Phone: 3138 2094
Level 4, O Block,
2 George St
Brisbane QLD 4000