Work experience can make a big difference when you're applying for your dream job. After all, the knowledge you gain at university is only valuable if you know how to use it.
We offer work experience and job placement opportunities in our courses, so you have the opportunity to apply your skills in the real world before you graduate.
Work Integrated Learning (WIL)
Our Work Integrated Learning (WIL) program is an opportunity for academic and practice-based professional learning within a work environment as part of your formal course of study. Our flexible and diverse program will allow you to:
- network and form working relationships with practitioners, consultants and suppliers within the industry
- see what is required on a day-to-day basis in your prospective career
- experience a project from beginning to completion
- expand your business, personal and academic skills
- be more competitive when you graduate.
Cooperative Education for Enterprise Development (CEED)
Cooperative Education for Enterprise Development (CEED) is an industry program linking students with company-based projects. These projects can be completed as part of your coursework (final year undergraduate or Masters). Selections are made via a competitive application/interview process coordinated by CEED on behalf of host companies. A scholarship is paid to each student, and you receive academic credit.
Contact CEED to find out more, including academic and enrolment queries.
Vacation Research Experience Scheme
Our Vacation Research Experience Scheme (VRES) gives you the opportunity to research your passion in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) for approximately 6-10 weeks over the summer.
The scheme gives you the chance to:
- work in a challenging environment where you can investigate your potential for research work
- contribute to a research project
- work with active researchers.
This experience is particularly valuable if you're considering a research degree.