- Nimal Perera
Our research is looking into the following areas:
- Mechanical properties of green concrete - for example:
- geopolymer concrete
- natural-fibre reinforced concrete
- recycled concrete
- Structural behaviour and retrofit of older concrete buildings.
Some of the activities you will perform as part of this research may include:
- review of existing literature
- interpretation of existing research data
- conducting experiments on material samples in QUT laboratories (including GP campus and/or Banyo Pilot Plant)
- using computer software to model mechanical behaviour of material, building parts, or complete buildings.
Depending on the type of activity, a reasonable amount of technical writing is expected.
Some of the activities may already be ongoing so you can form part of a team of other research students.
The outcome of research is new knowledge in the respective areas.
The new knowledge should be documented, i.e. in the form of data-sets and/or written reports.
Skills and experience
For undergraduates and Master's applicants: You will need to have a genuine interest in conducting desktop and/or lab-based research.
For PhD applicants: You will need to demonstrate research experience in the area of structural engineering.
You may be able to apply for a research scholarship in our annual scholarship round.
Contact the supervisor for more information.