Many wounds are non-healing due to bacteria infection. Challenges remain in both early diagnosis and effective treatment of these wounds. In this project, a smart dressing will be developed to be able to indicate presence of infection and release antimicrobial agents to the wound.
Students will :
- develop the design of the dressing
- implement the synthesis and preparation of dressing materials
- validate with in vitro models.
The project is expected to create:
- different designs of smart dressing
- prototypes of selected designs
- investigation of the dressing in in vitro models.
Skills and experience
Students should have wet lab experience, some background in chemistry, material science or physics.
You may be able to apply for a research scholarship in our annual scholarship round.
Contact the supervisor for more information.