Many health conditions are seasonal and understanding the seasonal patterns can help better understand the causes of disease. This project will examine an existing and popular set of R programs used to statistically model seasonal patterns, and examine where the code could be improved. The outcome will be a new and improved version of the software, with the student as a co-author.
The project involves working with the supervisors to:
- examine and test existing R code
- think about the user experience and how it could be improved
- make improvements to plots, outputs and overall user experience
- write a new vignette for the package (if time permits).
The expected outcomes are:
- new and improved version of the R package season
- new vignette highlighting how the package can be used.
Skills and experience
Previous experience with R software is essential.
Contact the supervisors for more information.