Organic Field Effect Transistors (OFETs) have the potential to offer low cost, easy to use and printable sensors for a variety of applications such as chemical sensing, explosive sensing, biomedical sensing, etc. OFETs are highly sought after for developing non-invasive sensing technologies for continuous monitoring or diagnostic applications.
For example, it has been shown that OFETs can detect the levels of glucose in saliva of diabetic patients and therefore have the potential to have life changing impacts on patients by moving away from commonly used invasive finger pricking method.
- Working in a highly multidisciplinary team of physicist, biomedical engineers, chemists, etc.
- Literature survey to understand the basic concepts behind the project.
- Experiments in the lab using conventional electronics.
- Analyse results and prepare reports
- Possess good knowledge of OTFT characterization.
- Understanding of design and development of OTFT based sensors for biosensing and bioelectronics
Skills and experience
- Basic electronics/workings of basic electronic components
- Electrical engineering/physics background
- Organic electronics
Contact the supervisor for more information.