With the advancement in technology, new sources of transportation data, including traffic and transit data, have emerged which can potentially facilitate and even revolutionise transport modelling and simulation.
My research team focuses on various aspects of the exploitation of emerging data for network planning, operations, management and control. This includes:
- new insights in travel behaviour modelling, traffic state estimation and prediction
- transit network monitoring, modelling or control
- applying data from connected and autonomous vehicle
- data-driven operation of transportation systems with artificial intelligence and machine learning methods
- big data analytics and data visualisation in transport
- large-scale model calibration and validation
- network-wide traffic flow models and control strategies.
The scope of this project will be defined after we consult with you. The project will focus on the opportunities and challenges faced in intelligent transport systems.
Skills and experience
To be considered for this project, you should have skills/experiences in the fields of:
You may be able to apply for a research scholarship in our annual scholarship round.
Contact Dr Ashish Bhaskar for more information.