Metal-matrix composites are attracting increasing attention in recent years due to their functional characteristics. To facilitate their engineering usage, it is important to understand how metal-matrix composites deform with the added fillers, which however is largely lacking currently.
- mechanical background
- materials background
- working in a large multi-culture modelling and simulation group
- understand the interactions between metal matrix and added nanofillers
- understand the mechanical properties of metal matrix composites
- design metal matrix composites with desired properties
Skills and experience
- atomistic simulation
- machine learning, deep learning
You may be able to apply for a research scholarship in our annual scholarship round.
Contact the supervisor for more information.