Conceptual metaphors are used to map concrete, bodily experiences onto abstract concept. For example, future is right side; power is up; travelling north perceived harder than travelling south. Academic research in marketing has applied conceptual metaphors in a variety of consumption context.
This project aims to conduct a comprehensive literature review of how conceptual metaphor theory has been applied to marketing.
Research activities include:
- review academic literature of conceptual metaphors and embodied cognition published in marketing and psychological journals
- write a 6,000 words literature review
- provide a table summarising the literature review.
Findings (i.e., literature review) from this project would be used for future published work including but not limited to report, thesis, conference papers, and journal articles.
Skills and experience
- be familiar with how to use Google Scholar and QUT library database to search relevant articles
- be familiar with academic journal rankings, e.g., Scimago ranking, ABDC ranking
- have xcellent reading and writing skills
- have good time management.
Contact the supervisor for more information.