With the advancement in technology, new sources of transportation data (including traffic and transit, among others) have emerged which can potentially facilitate and even revolutionise transport modelling and simulation.My research team focuses on various aspects of the exploitation of emerging data for network planning, operations, management and control. This includes:
- New insights in travel behaviour modelling, traffic state estimation and prediction
- Travel patterns and multimodal travel behaviour
- Transit network monitoring, modelling or control
- Application of data from connected and autonomous vehicle
- Data driven operation of transportation systems with artificial intelligence and machine learning methods
- Big data analytics in Transport
- Data Visualization in Transport
- Large-scale model calibration and validation
- Network-wide traffic flow models and control strategies
Project scope to be defined in consultation with the student. The project will focus on the opportunities and challenges faced in Intelligent transport systems.
Skills and experience
Data analytics using Matlab.
You may be able to apply for a research scholarship in our annual scholarship round.
- Data Science
- Intelligent Transport Systems
- Traffic Engineering
- Road Engineering
- Public Transport
Contact the supervisor for more information.