Not all adsorbent materials synthesised have the ideal physical properties for water treatment applications. Therefore, this research will investigate the performance of adsorbents encapsulated in polymeric beads and methods for improving capacity.
In this project you will
- synthesise different polmeric beads for different adsorbent materials
- perform equilibrium and column studies to determine the impact of encapsulation on the adsorbent's capacity
- characterise the polymeric beads
- optimise synthesis method to enhance the composite polymeric bead's capacity
At the end of this project you should have:
- synthesised and characterised different composite polymer beads
- evaluated the perfomance of the different composite beads
- enhanced the capacity of the composite beads by varying synthesis conditions
You may be able to apply for a research scholarship in our annual scholarship round.
Contact the supervisor for more information.