The project will investigate the feasibility of using drones to conduct bushfire risk assessments for buildings. It involves:
- learning about data capturing and analysis technique and methods
- conducting field scale study and risk analyses for buildings in bushfire-prone areas.
We're looking for civil engineering students with interest in:
- advanced technology
- data analyses
- technical writing.
During this project, you'll:
- review the process of pre-bushfire condition assessment methods
- conduct both on-foot and UAV-based survey for selected buildings in Queensland
- investigate the use of drone captured data for better bushfire planning and prediction.
The study will contribute towards developing guidelines to use the already available advanced technology in pre-bushfire condition assessments of buildings.
Contact the supervisors for more information.