Biophysical models are developed to represent key processes in humans and nature, from the electrophysiology of the human heart, to calcium carbonate skeleton production of coral reefs.
In this project, we will explore biophysical model development across multiple fields, to identify commonalities, strengths and weaknesses, and identify analysis techniques ubiquitous in one field that can be immediately exploited to improve science in another field.
- Coding up biophysical models (e.g. ordinary differential equations models in MATLAB)
- uncertainty quantification.
- analysis techniques for biophysical models including model selection/reduction.
- New mathematical insights
- analysis of biophysical models
- development of expertise in multidisciplinary research, cutting across mathematics, ecology and biology.
Skills and experience
- Competency in programming
- experience in modelling with differential equations.
Contact the supervisor for more information.