This project will develop algorithms and software to process traffic data and generate comprehensive and systematic summaries of network conditions.
The objectives of this project include:
- integrating a variety of data sources from traffic
- expanding existing data-processing algorithms to generate summaries of the data
- processing the integrated data with software
- evaluating and validating the forecasting results
- documenting the entire development process and software
- proposing future research projects to improve and expand the results from this project.
As part of the research project, you will be involved in:
- literature review
- developing algorithms to process and forecast the data
- processing and analysing the data
- document and report on the project and the scope for future research.
As a result of the research project, we expect to achieve the following outcomes:
- new software and algorithms
- visualization of the aggregated and summarized data
- reports and software documentation.
Skills and experience
To be considered for this project, you should have a background in transport engineering.
You may be able to apply for a research scholarship in our annual scholarship round.
Contact the supervisor for more information.