This project aims to develop a soft robotic gripper that is suitable for harvesting delicate objects. The gripper is intended to be used on a 7DoF robotic arm for robot grasping. Advances in 3D printing materials such as flexible plastic have enabled novel designs of mechanisms such as robotic grippers to be 3D printed. Different approaches to this problem can be taken such as design soft finger mechanisms and the integration of tactile sensors.
- Design and 3D modelling of a soft robotic gripper
- Testing 3D printing materials and techniques to print a soft a robotic gripper
- The novel design and methods for printing a soft robotic gripper
- A soft robot gripper which can be attached to a robot for grasping delicate objects
Skills and experience
- 3D CAD design
- 3D printing experience
- Gripper/Mechanism design skills
Contact the supervisor for more information.